Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday's Missives





  • I woke up in the middle of the night after a tiresome night shift the night before and on joost.com was running an animated movie titled Queer Duck. The first two characters were Bi Polar Bear and Oscar Wildcat. The first two lines to the theme song were, "He's intellectual, he's homosexual..."


  • I know - what did I think it was going to be about?


  • Would be remiss if I didn't mention the cleverly named- Openly Gator though.


  • One day I moved a desk in my house and behind it found a billfold I remembered losing several years before just after getting it for Christmas. My first thought was, Cool, I need a billfold mine is worn out. My second was, I don't remember there being, 10,20,40... there is nearly a 100 bucks in there! Woo-hoo!


  • Oho and hobo are both offered as alternatives to hoo.


  • What in the world is an Oho?


  • Do you go through periods of good luck and others where you can't get a break for anything? I know it's probably just perception but, a certain amount of simple odds could play into it also. There are long stretches of time where I, it seem can do no wrong- then others where if things can go wrong- they will absolutely every time and cream my life.


  • I noticed some pictures again of my children's great grandmother and grandfather. He is standing on a horses back (common photo theme back in 50s and 60s- movie or book influence?) and she is standing in the surf of some ocean about up to her knees in water. He looked so tough, confident and handsome. She was (and it's weird to say this) looking smokin' hot but, also she seemed very thoughtful. He is dead now after spending 20 plus years with his second wife after the wife in the picture left him for somebody else- who is now dead. She is a humped back old lady who reads the Star Telegram obits from start to finish and watches tabloid television shows.

1 comment:

Opus #6 said...

I hope granny and pop found their loves.