Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday's Missives





  • Take a ride down main street of my hometown. Fittingly, in a truck and set to country music. Oddly, posted by a Polish? speaker.



  • Bonus: more hats and bulls than you'll ever care to see- agin in Weatherford TX.


  • The Universal History Of Numbers From Prehistory To The Invention Of The Computer.


  • What I'm reading now- yes, fascinating. One thing that really jumped out at that I intuitively knew, but had never seen in print: humans the world over- primitive and advanced have a limited ability to grasp at a glance groups of more than four. This is why ancient cultures up to present day use the 4 vertical marks with the diagonal slash to count groups of 5 in everything from card games to body counts and it isn't just an arbitrary, convenient way of simplifying a count- it actually stems from a hard wired limitation.


  • Saw the butcher and a woman from our local grocery store headed out for some parking lot romance yesterday. How could I possibly know that you ask? We'll I just know things, but, she was walking out ahead of him a couple of feet her head down looking slightly embarrassed, but still grinning and he was trying to look nonchalant , but at the same time had to look at me with an oh yeah- I'm about to hit that look on his face.

2 comments:

YM said...

Neat video, but I think Weatherford is more picturesque than it looked in the video. He must have passed through on a Sunday morning because traffic around the square was sparse.

Ada said...

Soooo, I've been trying all day to figure out what is going on in that photo. Seriously.