Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday's Missives







  • "It gives retarded people a job to do and besides- I pay my taxes". The response I got from someone once when I told them not to throw trash out of my vehicle.

  • Quite possibly the most imbecilic thing I've ever heard anyone say in my life.

  • "Giving birth is not like it is in the movies. It is bloody, bestial and you get poop on your cowboy boots." A line from an episode of my new favorite show- Glee.

  • I watched part of the video for Shakiras song She Wolf- she looked like an autistic person having a seizure with fire ants in their pants.

  • While their feet were on fire.

  • When my dad was about 12 years old he got bit by a snapping turtle on his thigh. There was a scar that was a deep gouge probably 3/4 of an inch deep and 3 inches wide still there when I was a boy and he showed it to me to keep me from sneaking off and swimming in some nasty stock tank.

  • Didn't work.

  • The weirdest thing that occurred to me when I thought about that? The turtle could conceivably still be alive (they live up to 150 years) and dad has been dead for nearly 30 years.

  • I have personal knowledge of two different people who called a lawyer after a wreck before calling or visiting a doctor.

  • We are our own worst enemies.

4 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Litter bugs is one of my biggest bugbares in life........ you just ask my lads and friends LOL......

x

Ada said...

Chup...I love when I read your post and just keeping saying out loud "yes".
Spent the weekend w/my oldest girlfriend watching the first season of glee. We laughed and cried and sang along. Ohmygosh those kids can sing. Oh, and I might have a little baby crush on the teacher when he sings/dances.

And um, hello, I wrote a post on the shakira thing. I love her. Think she is sexy as hell and that voice makes me dance. But that video...frightening. It looks unnatural and almost painful, right? Yikes.

Kathleen... said...

Omigosh, you're famous over at LL! ;)

el chupacabra said...

anon- Thanks you too.Good point.

marmsie- yes them and cel phone talkers while driving jack o lanterns!

ad rock- Did I miss that post- or steal it? The world may never know...

Mrs AnO- Hey, you're right I saw that, fun huh?