Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Missives- The Special Tuesday Edition

My son: so much better than me- if he fails in life it's all my fault, if he succeeds it's not because of anything I did.
The Tarrant County courthouse on the Fort Worth Stock Show parade day 15 January 2010.





  • Something you would not believe about me from the past if you met me now? I used to loooove to dip Copenhagen snuff.


  • When I type from it always comes out form- making me wonder since it is so consistent- why can't I shake the habit?


  • Movie Beyond Tomorrow 1940 looks great and is set for my nap movie before work tonight. "Melton, Chadwick and O'Brien, rich but lonely heads of an engineering firm, invite two young strangers to dinner on Christmas Eve. The two, James and Jean, fall in love and become friends with their three benefactors...until the latter are killed in a plane crash and come back to their old home as ghosts. In the coming months, true love encounters some rough spots; can ghostly O'Brien help the young folks?" IMDB


  • What does it mean when a woman says,"OK, ask me anything you want to know about me- nothing is too personal!"
  • A guy in a tool or uniform supply place type van met me on the road while I was taking my daughter to school this morning- I couldn't tell for sure which it was since I was trying to slow my car and pick a safer spot to put my car in the ditch to prevent a head on collision while he tried to hide the fact he was texting his girlfriend boyfriend? by holding his phone in his lap as he drifted over into my lane!
  • Crazy, absolutely insane.

9 comments:

RPM said...

OK, I'm going to give away another of my surefire hit invention ideas so somebody else can get rich off of it.

Design an app that works with the phones gps that simply disables the text features while you are moving. I bet 90% of parents would have it installed on their kid's phone.

Yeah, it would suck while you're riding the bus or high speed rail, but that's never going to happen anyway.

Ada said...

Double love the photo. It's perfect.

It means the woman is a nutso. Really, I don't care who you are...some things are too personal.

The new phone I just got makes it impossible for me to text while driving. Not even any temptation. Lovely. I agree with RPM...nice idea.

el chupacabra said...

R- Hey man. Great, great idea.

Ad Rock- Thanks, he's a great kid who is taking advantage of oportunities I couldn't have dreamed of.

Kathleen... said...

I hate the cell phone addicts. Even worse than your van guy? The little 2nd grade kid riding her bike down the street and playing with her cell phone at the same time this afternoon....she was drifting right towards running into my car! HelLLLLLLLOOOOOoooo?!

el chupacabra said...

Mrs AnO- Nothing surprises me these days.

Vic said...

I always type 'form' too. Finger dyslexia. Where's our telethon?

mzchief said...

* I remember having seen a photo of your boy at the beginning of the school year and thought he was nice looking then but was not prepared for the handsome, young man in the photo. BTW...Do not delude yourself into believing that all the hugs, kisses, lovingly dished discipline, support and your character and integrity does not influence the man your son becomes.

* We can only hope your son learned, from your example, that Copenhagen is DISGUSTING.

* There are a few things a woman can mean when she declares "nothing is too personal" for you to discuss.
1. She has confused someone having personal information about her with being intimate.
2. She is sending the message that she has VERY lax/open boundaries.
3. She is attempting to discern how much you are into to her based on the personal nature of your question.
4. She wants you to ask a "too personal question" so you feel obligated to answer the "too personal question" she plans on asking you.
5. She is an attention whore who hopes to become the center of your focus.

Basically, she is telling you, she wants something from you in the way of intimacy/obligation/attention. My advice to you...RUN AND HIDE.

* Mobile phones should be disabled, while in motion, unless they are connected to bluetooth and only then should be capable of voice transmissions. Human civilization survived for MILLENNIA without the ability to text/talk will engaged in other activities. Trust me, civilization will NOT crumble if people are prevented from texting/talking will operating and/or riding in a vehicle.

MarmiteToasty said...

Wow, your lad looks like a proper cowboy :) and what a handsome young man he is..

Its illegal to use ones phone (unless its a handsfree speaker one) or text whilst driving over here, though many still do it BLOODY MONGS and there is a on the spot fine and often points on ones license if caught or reported..

Glad you was ok though....

X

el chupacabra said...

Vic- Really, I think Scarlett Johannson and Ricky Gervais should be the, what would call them? Presnetrs? MC? Regardless, cool idea.


MZ- Wow, thanks for taking the time and offering those thoughts- I bet you're dead on. I mean really, that's very insightful, thanks.
But, what if she's smoking hot? Kidding.

Marmsie Tahnks dear. Mongs? I love it, can't wait to use it?