Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday's Dispatch















What comes up on Flickr when you search "perfect butt"




  • The patient I'm caring for now is the father to a nursing friend. Some people simply would not take the case under the circumstance.


  • I've always thought posthumous should be pronounced as it is written- post humous (humus) meaning after- life.


  • I've never seen So I Married An Axe Murderer though I've tried probably 10 times. The only line I remember is,"She stole my heart- and my cat."


  • Was very tempted to buy a Sony E-Reader today at Best Buy but, the video camera and portable DVD player for the car was probably enough impulse buys for one day. When I do cave and get one it will probably be the 3G version. Google has nearly a million ebooks available for download to readers.


  • Prediction: someday all textbooks will be readers and not laptop computers as some think.


  • Zac was very good and fun in the store although the people he drew kept thinking he was a girl.


  • I've only been to after Thanksgiving sales once in my life.


  • Saw a guy at an off ramp today with the sign, "NEED SHOWER please help God Bless". Dude, I already give you guys money- now, you expect me to shower you?

  • Ever heard of Sen-Sen licorice breath freshener? They were marketed as "breath perfume". My grandfather used it between dips of powdered snuff- he gave me some of the Sen-Sen once - terrible, absolutely awful. Funny thing though: I remember the smell of both he and grannies breath. I always felt so safe, loved and calm when they held me but, yeah it kind of freaked me out when she would kiss me with that snuff running out of her mouth and when he would do same and those bristly whiskers would scratch my face.

  • God, after all these years and I still miss those people.





Add Image

9 comments:

YM said...

Nice hiney, Chup.

Zac is a chick magnet.

I remember Sen Sen...nasty stuff. It didn't taste much like licorice but it did taste like perfume.

el chupacabra said...

My Queen- Thank ya, thank ya very much but, I have nooooo idea whose rear end that could be... ; )
Cool you remember that stuff- took me for ever to find it- I thought it must have been 'sin-sin' all these years cause it was nasty as sin!
Yes, Zachamo definitely has a way with the ladies, as it were.

Miss_proper said...

I have a kindle and I love the hell out of that thing! Last night insomnia, I went to the "bookstore" spent a few mins looking around and bought a book for 5 bucks less than the bookstore... less than 3 minutes later I was reading that book in my nice warm bed! I am telling you the BEST gift EVER!!!

I do have the 3G and it rocks!

Ada said...

Did you search for "perfect butt"? If so, I assume you were quite saddened by what you found. :)

I just don't know about the whole reader thingies. I mean, what about the smell of real lovely books, the different fonts they are written in, the photos that make you smile that you use as bookmarks, walking through a bookstore w/a hot drink and touching the covers of all the book babies then reading the first page to see if it is meant for you. Ahhhh...making me want to go right now.

el chupacabra said...

G- $Exactly the way I was thinking about this subject- wish they would come down in price though or some of the newer ones about to hit the market would come out- they're going to be awesome. I'll put a link up soon I found.

Ad Rock- Was kidding about the "perfect butt"- though that one looks awfully darn close!
The cool things about the readers? Don't like the font?! Change it- you can only choose from about 20 on some of the readers. And more and more will support pictures. And bookmarks? Tap the page and tap bookmark. Real books will never go away but, there's definitely a place for the readers. In my job I can carry inspirational books, a Merck manual, a dictionary/thesaurus and Spanish Medical terms and phrases books and something for pleasure reading in my downtime- in one pocket of my backpack and only lug an extra pound or less around.

Gia's Spot said...

I am with Ada on the reader thingy... Nothing beats the sound of a page turning, the smell of a new book's ink or the feel of it hitting your face when you fall asleep reading (Oh wait, not that) ! I almost bought one as I read a real lot, but no I will continue to get the real thing as long as it is available! (For your work it would definitely be a plus)
As for the perfect butt, I like the jeans a little snugger in the seat to judge! :)
Also I have never heard of Sen Sen..

Anonymous said...

Ok, so Kindle will work on iTouch and it is back lit.
Whatever happened to the "fancy" hairdo that Zacman was going to get?
That is your butt in the picture and yes, if it is on Flicker, it will come up when searching for the perfect butt.
Maybe he wanted you to shower him when he saw your butt!!!
Have a great day!

Gia's Spot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gia's Spot said...

I searched for perfect butt on flicker - never once saw your butt, Chup, almost got fired as all I got in the search was naked female behinds. Remind me not to search at work again Go figure...
Have a happy day,
Gia