Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday's Missives For A Lost And Tired World (well at least I am)

Yikes!



  • Bikini bandits and muscle cars doing burnouts may not be my thing but, if you're into that sort of thing you've come to the right place.
  • My Rainman weather guy says it's going to be bad in north central Texas Wednesday and Thursday- way worse than the forecasts are calling for- he said something about highs and low pressures and fronts meeting and something, somethings going to stall over us.
  • I don't know, he loses me pretty quick but, he's never been wrong.
  • It's hard to know when , how or if to get a dog to stop barking if you want it to warn you of strangers. Is it something they're born with? Do you only fuss at them if they bark at non human things happening around them?
  • I had a dog once that barked at everything but, people- especially strangers.
  • Not for long.
  • My dog snores and farts in his sleep.
  • Not as cute as it sounds.
  • But, he does go into a deep sleep state where he watches you as you walk by- his eyes roll around and and his ears swivel and he real quietly says,"woof" it's kind of funny.
  • Road To Perdition. Good movie. Good original story. Not "Electrifying" like the note on the case said but, yeah pretty good.
  • One memorable shootout with simple camera and sound work to make a very interesting scene.
  • Oh, and great music- could listen to the soundtrack anytime. Great, great music.
  • Simply cannot imagine how a man could call himself a man and not be able to handle a weapon- especially if he has a family.
  • Never said that before- guess it's something I've always believed though. How does that sound?
  • I'm wanting pie. Pecan pie with whipped cream and coffee.
  • My Queen- where are you, you little cougar?
  • I'm rambling- low blood sugar can do that you know.

9 comments:

an Donalbane said...

How does that sound?

How about multiple weapons? Well, maybe not all at once...

I think it used to be a litmus test of manhood to be able to field strip a 1911 in half a minute - or something like that.

Now I can't remember the last time I had mine apart.

Silicone Alley said...

Love Road to Perdition...hate the ending.

I wonder about you and The Queen.

Pecan Pie and coffee....mmmmm

YM said...

here I art.
did you miss me?

My dog woke me up at 4:30 this morning wanting out. I didn't listen til I heard her ralphing, by then it was too late. It wasn't cute, either.

I had a gun...I gave it to my son in law. It was too heavy for me. I would like to get another and learn how to shoot well, but not because I want to feel all masculine and stuff.


Those little pecan pies Walmart sells are pretty good.

el chupacabra said...

don- hey man. Long time since I took apart a 1911. I was a lad in some foreign land...

Sili- hey girl- Now, people mean it when they call you a hot mama! You're right but, how to end a movie like that? Fade to black as they walk down the beach? Would have been nicer I guess.

My Queen- Of course I did! Was going to say meet me at Whistle Stop for epic pie! Too bad. Gibsons here carries a real cheap 40 cal that's lightweight don't recall the brand but, they say no problems and the grip is on the smallish side so it would probably fit a girls hand well.

Doc Feelgood said...

I have taken an increased interest this year in developing a defense plan for my "castle". Don't know why in particular this year, but it just came to me that it was time to be more serious. Combination of the economy, what's going on w/ Federal Govt, Meth use, just a variety of reasons all totaling: plan now, hope to never need it. I have purchased another handgun, a home defense model shotgun, and an AR-15. Am developing a better plan for hiding them in the home, while still having them accessable, and stockpiling ammo as the budget allows. Intend to get a CCL. Need to train my wife on their use. I think it is time.

el chupacabra said...

Doc- agree with everything you said- and the AR15 is and probably always will literally be better than money in the bank. At the very least find a good deal and it will be hard to ever lose money on one. Hopefully too a bunch of the hoarders will turn loose of some of the ammo they've been sitting on- if the laws don't change for the worse any time soon.

RPM said...

Been a long time since I watched Road to Perdition, but I remember it was a good flick.

I want a piece of "Mother's Pie". It's sort of a pecan pie with raisins and other stuff. I have no idea what all is in it because the recipe died with my Granny. But it was AWESOME.

YM, I'd suggest a .38 Special or a .32. Small, light and not too much kick. Both are revolvers so you really don't have too much to go wrong.

My personal home defense weapons are a Ruger .45 and a Tarus "The Judge". I keep "Hizzhonor" loaded with 00 buckshot.

YM said...

Dang, well, I guess you'll have to get hungry for pie again soon on a day when I can go. I've never been to the Whistle Stop.

Opus #6 said...

Pecan pie sounds really good. Save some for me.