Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday's Digressions





  • The man whose death has been a big deal both because of the suicide by cop aspect and the fact the was shot 43 times by the police has made the news for a lot of different reasons. What I noticed? He looked sad in the published picture- even though he was smiling.



  • Greatest blog name ever: THE WIND IN YOUR VAGINA. I tentatively clicked on it- it was opened to invited members only.



  • Maybe just as well.



  • So few people work minimum wage jobs it tends to make me more supportive of the minimum wage in general and reasonable increases in particular. The small number and the fact that it really is hard to staff minimum wage jobs makes me suspect the people working them really do need the protection afforded by the law.



  • This guy mentions the US bombing of Libya as related to Scottish release of the Lockerbie bomber. I had no idea US fighters shot down 14 MIG 23s in that mission.



  • Quote from a letter to Phil Spectors lawyer regarding his new neighbors, "He said he is working with his attorneys “to get a better prison with people more like myself in it during the appeal process instead of all these lowlife scumbags, gangsters and Manson types....They’d kill you here for a 39-cent bag of soup!” ap

  • The article also later referenced the 69 year old Spectors 29 year old wife which I initially read to mean his wife of 29 years and was about to be impressed.



  • Then I got it and was real impressed!



  • In previous lives I've been asked by 3 different women to marry them.



  • A chest to pin it on.

4 comments:

Ada said...

make that four... :)

Anonymous said...

The Wind... is that related to the Snow White deal, whistle while you work?

RPM said...

Dude, you have some serious copyright infringement problems in Runaway Bay!

el chupacabra said...

Op- Beautiful Opus I'm not good enough for you, but I'll start saving and enroll in charm school...

Adrock- Ha, just what I was thinking!

Anon- ha ha good one. You'll be getting me in trouble when that crosses my mind through the day!

R- Hey, you know- you're right. Do we know a good lawyer?