Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday's Digressions



    I ponder my future in the days of my youth with my accordion of justice (not actually me- representative photo)



  • I love Hootie And The Blowfish and always have. Went to see them once at Six Flags Over Texas but, it got rained out.


  • Sad


  • But, there were some crazy people around me who sang and told jokes the whole time- I laughed so much my face hurt. We got soaking wet. As in you couldn't get any wetter. My bones were waterlogged.


  • We rode home naked.


  • Malaria has killed more people than all the wars combined in mans history. It was a problem to early explorers in America even but, it's gone now- for this reason and others it's assumed if man got serious about it we could eliminate it from our vocabulary- why don't we? As difficult as it may be it would probably be cheaper to eradicate than other diseases which get more attention- why not cure it?


  • I bet that if asked most people would say they would marry someone they didn't like and were not attracted to if they were rich and their access to the money would be unlimited but, I also bet very, very few would still be with that person in 10 years- even if they couldn't take any of the money with them.


  • My children are still wanting a dog. I think a fish aquarium would be a better choice or maybe a bearded dragon lizard.


  • I brought my son home a hairless rat once- he didn't like it and hardly ever played with it which made me feel bad. It loved to be handled and petted but, man it was far from cuddly. Anyway, it was left to me to interact with the thing until my son took it to the pet store and sold it back to them. Always felt sorry for that thing- it was good hearted, smart and easy to care for- his only sin in this world was being born ugly.


  • Poor thing. I feel your pain brother.

8 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Love love love Hootie and the Blowfish!! Riding home naked? thanks for sharing that.....Umm and as for Malaria? (psst Chup, it still infects 300 - 500 million people each year.. its not extinct)That's what you said, right?
And you know, once I had the opportunity to marry a man who had gazillions of dollars, was cute as hell but was an a$$ and you know, I never once comtemplated marrying him for that money, no matter what it was not worth what a happy man would be to me!
The hairless rat story was.. touching. Kinda thought it was gonna be a euphamism (sp) for a frog into a prince story. Experienced that a few times in this Gia's life! Never ever make a rash judgement based on someones exterior...wait till the paint peels!!
Yup I tell my grandkids Gia is waiting for her frog, warts and all!!(they of course crack up!)Gia is tired so she rambles~~~~

el chupacabra said...

Hi Gia Pet- No, it's gone from the US where it used to be the only stumbling block to explorers push into the southeast and just in general killed a lot of them wherever skeeters were found back then.

Gia's Spot said...

Ok So I need a nick name for you... but anyway according to the Encyclopedia and this is a direct quote here "About 1,200 cases of malaria are diagnosed in the United States each year. Most are in persons entering the country for the first time or returning from foreign travel. A very small number of cases are the result of direct transmission involving mosquitoes that live in the United States. Most of these have occurred in Mexican farm workers living in California in poor conditions.
So watch out for those female mosquitos !! Especially if they are drinking tequila while listening to Hootie!!!! Muahhhh

Edith Bunker said...

wow. I bet you got all the girls with that accordian.
Wisdom from my mother: If you marry for money you'll earn every dime of it.

el chupacabra said...

Mrs B- Yes, I have to beat the girls away with a stick when rocking the ole accordian. THAT is a very wise saying.

an Donalbane said...

Sometimes money, or the scarcity of same, helps weed out true love from, well, whatever the other option is.

Did your accordion have keys or buttons?

Ada said...

Have you heard Darius Rucker's new country stuff? He won an award at the CMT. It is good stuff.

Um, and when you say "we" rode home naked how many are in your group of "we"?

Speaking from experience...money does not buy happiness. Only fools believe that to be true.

And to your last statement...are you fishing? :)

YM said...

I miss having money but not enough to marry for it. Rich or poor, I figure you can handle anything life throws at you if you have love.