Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday's Missives

    Image result for animal pun memes

  • This morning (07/08/2016) I intended to write a post about the inevitable violence against law enforcement that I could foresee coming. It was honestly the last thing I thought about as I drifted off to sleep and although it crossed my mind I didn't even see the need to make a note about it. The shock to me is that unless I have missed it- the criminal did not post his crimes to any social media platforms.
  • Last night a woman I met recently and have been getting to know said, Tell me- what are your intentions with me?
  • That question strikes me as a quandary as it simultaneously complicates and simplifies the situation.
  • Amelia Earhart is on the cover of the Jan. 2015 Smithsonian magazine I just picked up. She has been dead for 80 years and she still fascinates.
  • Last night I had the best burger I have had in a while at Skinny's in Weatherford. It was the half pounder with bacon, cheddar cheese and mushrooms. Rarely do I get a takeout  burger  with mushrooms as the flavor decays rapidly to me but it made it to the house with all it's deliciousness intact.
  • Lately I have been incredibly lonely- that lonely that is only made worse when you are around other people. Loneliness doesn't affect me often- so when it hits me I don't do well.
  • People joke about how terrible Limp Bizkit is. While raw numbers don't equal good (humans often have terrible taste and make bad decisions in general) the last of their videos I watched had nearly 70 million views. This wasn't it but is pretty cool, is great driving music and sounds awesome on a good system.
  • Recently, at a concert somebody who I thought was a friend acted like they didn't see me when I started to approach them to say hey.

No comments: