- For months if I tell somebody I love them in an Email or ask about somebodies age or we talk about birthdays about 48 hours later I get hit with an Email for a, "Special Offer!" from Proflowers. Recently, I asked in an Email to borrow an extension cord from someone and 48 hours later I got an email offer from Amazon for home improvement products and tools. There is obviously an algorithm that takes note of key words and phrases and ties them to related products and services. Further, it has been determined if the contact is immediately after the triggering phrase is used it gets on peoples nerves and a 48 hour waiting period is the optimum amount of time to be recent enough that the ads will still be pertinent but not sooo close that people are being reminded our every utterance on the internets is tracked, logged and studied by our electronic overlords while we await SKYNET becoming self aware.
- I need to restart Breaking Bad.
- Nearly every that day I wear scrubs I wear some type of graphic T shirt underneath. It might be somewhat subversive but most likely not- a concert T, a quote and pic of The Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail or one with a quote from The Raven, a picture of a flying pig... It is just a gentle self reminder that I'm not only what is being represented by the monkey suit.
- I am not an animaaaaal!
- If a nurse ever says she wears her scrubs because they're comfortable outside of work she is lying and saying what she thinks she is supposed to say.
Here, have picture of JFK riding a robot unicorn on the moon
- Recently I stumbled across a blog that was about self immolation- all self burning all the time and nothing else. I don't even know how or why I got there.
- Was Jimi Hendrix the best guitar player ever? Of course not. He was great and unusual for his time and he died at his zenith making him more nearly a god than a mere legend. I don't even know where to start with better guitar players- Ty Segall, Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Eddie Van Halen, The guy from Rage Against Teh Machine, the guy from BUSH (nobody even knows their names, the RATM guy is the one who always covers his face with a ball cap brim and the BUSH guy is the one whose looks get compared to Jesus).
- I read today (11/20/2014) Ty Herndon has come out of the closet. That must have been the worst kept secret in the history of country music. A friend was a waitress at a Fort Worth club called The Rodeo Exchange. One evening 20+ years ago she said to the effect, Did you know Ty Herndon is gay?! No, I have never given it any thought I replied honestly. I then asked, How do you know that? He came in with his boyfriend. They weren't all over each other or anything. You could just tell- they way they reached out and touched each other. It was like they were the only two people in the whole place.