Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday's Missives


  • A headline this morning (07/31/2014) says," Lawyer says Sterling will battle on " My first thought was he should lose- not because I think he is a racist- I can just guess it is time for him to lose.
  • I am proud of myself- I am only 99% sure it meant lose a basketball team and not a football or other team. I know it is a sport.
  • Who cares?!
  • What happened to you rock? Yesterday I noted a line in a song said something about spilling a drink on a settee.
  • Good grief. 
  • In my day a rocker would pour Everclear on a couch, set fire to the thing and then throw it out a hotel room window.
  • Ha, I say things like, In my day...
  • Every few years I have dreams about the old grocery store on business 287 in Decatur being a playhouse. Often it is a big production and no one is there but me. It is a furniture store now.
  • That store was a Piggly Wiggly and an  A&P- right? Man that building  must be at least 60 years old. What a beating it must be to heat/cool and maintain. An old friend considered converting it into a church building. He took a pass because of those same issues- and that was 20+ years ago.
  • That building has also been a printing press shop and dry cleaner.
  • We went camping this past weekend (today is 08/04/2014) at Turner Falls. I won't say never again just yet but I can say never again on a weekend in the peak season. Eleventy thousand drunks and trash everywhere along with the graffiti doesn't endear a place to me at all. Also, for 2 adults and 2 children it cost me over 40 bucks to get in the gate.
  • The Big agnes Z core mattress worked well but I positioned the tent on a downslope that was imperceptible- until about 10 minutes after I lie down, then it was like the mat was trying to throw me off it. I can still barely walk.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tom petty on "American Idol"-type pop singers: "If they had tried to offer my generation someone that had won a game show, it would've been hysterical. You would've been laughed out of the room."