- An ex tried to stab me with a pair of scissors. She would have buried them in my skull if I hadn't turned in time to see them coming down. Interestingly, I was walking away from her and only turned back as I processed the slight scraping noise I heard behind me was the scissors being lifted from a chest of drawers. I had taken note of the fact the scissors were the only thing on the chest as I had walked by- they seemed out of place. It pays to know you're surroundings I suppose.
Food in a bowl made of other food- fancy.
- I did not know until I just watched a commercial featuring her that Minnie Driver is English. It was meanfunny to recognize her because of an American Dad! episode where they make fun of the size of her head.
- It is 11/08/2014 and I have already had 2 fires in the fireplace.
I generally eschew things that are described as, "encrusted" but this dish was very good. But still- eeew.
- Red Dawn (the real one) is on Esquire Network and almost over. It is a great movie- for all the reasons critics hate it. Anyway dude- it isn't a documentary.
- My best friend in the Army was best friends growing up with the kid who hangs out the window after being shot by the Cuban paratrooper at the school in the opening scenes. Interestingly, after he and that kid parted ways in junior high the kid actor became best friends with another kid in another state in high school. Once in the Army my buddy was shocked to hear a guy telling a story about being best friends with the kid in the movie who was shot and hangs out...
- Another of my few degrees of separation for Patrick Swayze.
On my commute home. 'Murica
Was so all over the road while texting- it caught my attention in my rear view mirror while they were a mile behind me.
I think this is the gearbox to a wind electricity generator. Broke out because keys were locked in the car? Odd though- why is there a hole in the Plexiglas patch?
- Yesterday I offered to buy my nursing buddies's lunch. When I reached for my card it wasn't anywhere to be found in my little wallet. Embarrassing. Even worse, as he was paying for our lunch I found my card in the compartment where normally only the cash is stored.
- Flounder are an interesting fish.
- The only zip lining I have ever done was one made by some friends- 30 years ago. You had to lift your legs halfway to keep from smashing into a peak left in the middle of a gully. Your butt would brush the weeds as you went over.
- Hill Country Adventures
- Ken Burn's contribution to this country cannot be overstated.
- Gladiator is still a great movie. The opening sequence is still mesmerizing. I am glad I saw it in a theater.
There must be a mudbogging track around Wise County somewhere. I saw 10+ rigs like this near or in Decatur.