- This morning (1026/2013) I saw an article about the," terrible tally" of gunshot wounds in American children. The picture associated was of cute 3 year old boy who accidentally shot himself with a gun he found in his home. I had to read 7 paragraphs to find the stats were gathered from, kids and teens age 20 and under. That is so unbelievably dishonest. Another thought: there seemed to be some indignation registered over a jump of about 200 deaths per year from 1997 to 2009. With the economy, the increased number of males coming into their teens over those years and some other factors I would have guessed a jump about 4 times that much.
From The Gio: a KKK Imperial Wizard shoots a cockroach off the wall of his house with a pellet gun. Unbelievably fitting- who could make that up?
- I am kind of worried about myself and I'm only halfway kidding- I've started unintentionally spelling words more/less phonetically and using knew instead of new etc. It won't even jump out at me until I am proofing something I wrote. It isn't time to check me into an Alzheimers unit yet but I'll keep you posted.
- One of the creators of Lorenzo's Oil died yesterday. I was surprised to learn the wife had died 13 years ago.
- Tom Petty's music has been getting a lot of air recently it seems to me. I know it is odd but I think he stole the show in The Postman. Maybe even odder- I think if it was 45 minutes shorter that might not have been a terrible movie.
I know the top one is true- the bottom sticker is making me think.
I had no idea who Unknown Hinson was but I can guess I would dig his act.
- Those Google Chrome laptops look like a good deal.
- I just saw an article which appeared to put down as wrong headed a rhino hunt auction that was intended to fund conservation efforts. Legal hunting as a conservation tool may be a bit ironic and a quandary even but it isn't contradictory.