Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday's Digressions














  • The other day a patient finished treatment during a visit to my office. He had been erroneously told or misunderstood that his treatment would go on for a few weeks more. When I congratulated him and started giving him his post treatment education he fell back in his chair. If I'd been forced to guess I would have said the room was spinning for him. He said, It's over? This has been a big part of my day for a while now. Ya'll have have been so nice and good to me and helped me a lot.






  • That was a good feeling.






  • A little time away is probably good for both parents and children, but I'm not any good when I'm away from my children for too long. I get heart sick over missing them- I'm literally lost during those times.






  • I hardly ever refer to children as kids- there's nothing wrong with it, I just don't.






  • Look, you and I don't have to excuse or explain anything one of us says to the other. I know what you stand for and are made of and the same goes for me to you. Just tell me what you think and feel. That's all I care about. What I said to my friend when I guess I got a little perturbed at her feeling she had to set things up in a conversation too much without just yeah- telling me how she felt about something or what her thoughts were on the subject.






  • Trashcan Sinatras To Sir With Love

3 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I love and miss my little ones, too, when we are apart.

el chupacabra said...

Lady O- I'm sure there's a bigger purpose for those feelings, but it doesn't help you feel any better when you're hurting...

Kathleen... said...

I literally dislike dropping my kids at school everyday! "Bye" towards a child is just an unpleasant moment. :(

You're such a great Dad.

Isn't it great to have a Friend(s) that you can just flat-out talk to?? No holds barred conversation is the best.