Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday's Dispatch










  • At my breakfast place if I go in late there's too many people for me and more often than not I'll leave after a quick coffee.






  • For the life of me I cannot comprehend what Newt Gingrich's marital relationships has to do with anything. They obviously never caused a big enough distraction to him in the past to affect his abilities and the problems are obviously in the open- so he can't be extorted over them.






  • I use gel insoles in every pair of boots and shoes I own. The last pair I trimmed to the wrong size and stuffed them in my shoes. The resulting misplacement caused an alignment problem and an alteration in my gait that had my knee, hip and back in such bad shape I thought I'd be crawling by the time I got to my car from the office at the end of one day. A chiropractor could not have asked for a better case study.






  • My favorite jeans are worn smooth out- they're literally threadbare in places, but they are also soft as silk. I'll wear them until I start getting police complaints.






  • I cannot recall the last time I intentionally tried to hurt somebodies feelings.






  • The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl Fairy Tale Of New York

4 comments:

RPM said...

I was surprised at how soft the new 20X Wranglers are. I thought they would wear & tear easily, but they are holding up like my faithful old 13MWZ's.

Thanks for tuning into "Denim Talk".

el chupacabra said...

R- Lulz. Same here- although I'll go a bit further and say I would not be caught dead in a pair of 13MWZ stranglers ever again!

Home on the Range said...

Stranglers? oh bwahahahahah. That's good, and SO true.

el chupacabra said...

Brigid- Hey girl. Yeah, Cinch jeans pretty much rock.