Tuesday, February 7, 2012

'Til Tuesday





    A first world problem




  • A friend is a massage therapist. When she was actively practicing she almost always went to the clients businesses, homes or hotels. She told me essentially 100% of the time the person assumed the message therapy was a front for prostitution and would start getting grabby.





  • Recently a friend suggested an acquaintance and I get together. I think the gesture was probably well intentioned and sweet, but- she and I could not be more ill suited for each other. I mean- really, I wondered, You do know both of us- right? But, again- I had to remind myself the gesture was sweet, good intentioned, sincere and then drop the subject.





  • I'm getting tired of looking at my bike and I'm considering telling my buddy to come pick it up.





  • First world problem: I'm dying for either a delicious BBQ sandwich stacked with onions and jalapenos or a rib plate and I'm contemplating buying both and having at least some of each tonight and saving the rest for tomorrow. Although, I already owe my nursing buddy lunch and have committed to catfish and shrimp with jalapeno poppers for tomorrow.





  • I'll never go to Taco Cabana again.





  • I misspelled jalapenos every time I tried above.





  • Yes- even that time.





  • I'm walking out the door for just the sandwich with extra onions and jalapenos.





  • See- it's all about self control...





  • The Coon Huntin' Monkey

4 comments:

RPM said...

What's the story with Taco Cabana? I've always considered them top notch fast food.

The worst thing ever is the friend "fix up". I once had a well meaning friend attempt to fix me up with a co-worker. "You're both single and make a cute couple..."

I think I actually felt my skin crawl when the words came out of her mouth.

Yup, just did it again thinking about her.

an Donalbane said...

Yea, come now Jack, how now about the Taco Cabana? Art they not heades and shoulderes above the Bell and Bueno?

Have I asked previously about the BBQ joint down by the Arby's on south Main? Any good?

el chupacabra said...

R- Sorry took so long to respond. I have a whole post that revolves around the tortilla machine being so ignored the tortillas started falling out and when I walked in there were 8-10-12 just lying on the floor where the machine spit them out.
They were coincidentally 1-2 feet away from a massive stack of trash that had been swept up and left...

Hey Don- I've heard good things about that place, but when I went in (early in the evening) they were sold out of everything and were slightly 'tudinal. I wasn't impressed- haven't been back. They can't be much better that Baker's which is closer and has everything I could want.

an Donalbane said...

I guess I'd agree that I wouldn't want to go to that Taco Cabana.