Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts












  • When talking to foreign born patients I like to find some kind of common ground then, see how their experiences and perceptions differ from mine related to that subject. With this is mind I got a patient to tell me what it was like to go fishing in Africa. He did the obligatory holding the bent imaginary fishing pole and then stretched his arms out to indicate how long the fish was and used his hands to demonstrate it's gaping mouth. He then said, My cousin said, Goget eet- go get eet out mon. Joomp mon joomp. (his normally excellent English started getting more garbled the more excited he got telling the story). So I joomped- I joomped dee fish and she shawt me! She shawt me. It knocked me out. So, I never fish again.



  • It took me a minute to process- it was an electric fish and it shocked him- it did not shoot him.



  • I watched a recently produced documentary on the Gulf War recently. It was interesting to me that the last time I heard those stories was around a camp fire at Ft Wolters Texas.



  • Maybe the plethora of online universities should have fantasy football and basketball leagues and set up conferences etc.



  • This armed robbery did not go as planned



  • This is what LSD must be like- regardless, great music and interesting imagery.

4 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Glad to see that Mr. Posters has found an advocate here. Perhaps the D.A. will drop the case.

Kathleen... said...

Online universities and fantasy football = LOL!

el chupacabra said...

Lady O- Yeah, lets hope for justice for all the oppressed!

Kathleen- I don't know where that came from, but glad yyou got a chuckle!

an Donalbane said...

Clowns are scary - that was a tripped out video.