Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday's Missives


  • There was a rock in the pocket of my oldest sons new cargo shorts.


  • It is like volcanic pumice but, light brown with glittery crystals in it, very light (I bet it would float) and about the size of a peach pit. He and my daughter brought it to me to check out after he found it. I looked at, hefted it to get the feel for its weight and smelled it.


  • Then I licked it for taste.


  • Ewwwww DAD!
  • I met a 72 year old man recently who told me,"The secret to success is vegetarianism. I've been a vegetarian for 50 years." He told me that about 30 minutes after seeing him eat the most epic, ginormous, delicious looking cheeseburger I've ever seen in my life.


  • My neighbor is always spraying or spreading something on his lawn. When it heats up after a cool morning it can smell chemical-ie even.


  • I lightly weed and feed mine in spring and sometimes late summer/fall, water it- that's it and it looks a lot better than his.
  • I've yet to read anything comparing what the Taliban spends in Afghanistan and AQI spends in Iraq versus what the US spends as a percentage of what each has available.


  • Well- probably a nonsense question, we all just print more bills.


  • The commercial for the Jack In The Box Mini Sirloin Burgers is epic. "Herding cows the size of schnauzers" Ha, funny.

  • I have never eaten at White Castle.


  • I've used the word "epic" twice in this post.

7 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

I think the rock in the pocket is from when they "stone wash" them !

mzchief said...

One of my best friends has been an honest to goodness never eat meat vegetarian since the age of 10. Since she wears leather, fur and has leather furniture, there is no doubt she is a vegetarian because she honest to goodnessly dislikes the flavour and texture of meat. I am a carnivore with slight omnivorous tendencies and believe my friend, who is a psychiatrist, needs to have her head looked at. *;)

I only use a pre-emergent in the Fall and fertilizer in the Spring on my lawn. I use a water soluble fertilizer on my flower beds during the spring and early summer. I stop fertilizing my flowers in the heat of summer so they concentrate their energy on surviving the insane heat rather than new growth.

My favourite JIB commercial is the one for smoothies. I have not eaten at a fast food hamburger joint in nearly 17 years.

Opus #6 said...

It was an epic post.

Ada said...

Um, why exactly did you lick the rock???

I'm as much of a vegetarian as that old guy. Ha.

MarmiteToasty said...

my friend is a vegetarian but she eats fish and chicken LMFAO it creases me up every time she mentions that she is a vegitarian LOL

we eat loads of lentil dishes in my house does that make us lentitarians :)

x

MarmiteToasty said...

ps... you shouldnt of licked the rock LOL I nibbled a moose poo once, thinking it was a chocolate truffle that me matie had sent me from Alaska LOL - dam, now I need to find me Twaddle post about the moose poo LOL

x

Mango's Madness said...

I don't think that you have missed much by not having eaten at White Castle. Been there and done that. The standard hamburger in Texas is much better than those minis.

Mango