Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday's Missives





  • How to say I love you.


  • My children- even the baby knows I cannot stand being tickled and even the threat of it freaks me out and makes me laugh and squirm- yes they take full advantage of that weakness.


  • Sadists.

  • I mean, really- who is responsible for raising those monsters?

  • Oh.


  • I've never had sex with someone I didn't know- a one night stand or whatever people call it.


  • Favorite movies that are really, really not for mixed company: Boogie Nights, Trainspotting and Pulp Fiction.


  • A great movie you've never seen before but, should: Buffalo 66.


  • Saw Zombieland, not a huge disappointment but, just pretty OK.


  • It doesn't bother me a bit to go to a movie or restaurant by myself and it makes me feel sad when people say they feel that way. It's really something people should try to get over if they feel that way. People go hungry because of what they think other people think of them if they're in a restaurant alone. I Don't want to sound mean but, guess what? Honestly, no one cares.


  • If I'm by myself in a restaurant I will invite someone to eat with me who is standing in line for a table. A couple did this for me when I was on vacation once- very interesting time. I couldn't tell you their names if my life depended on it but, I'll remember our conversation for a long time.
  • Headline: Ethics issues could cloud Rep. Rangels future. Good grief, you would have to be retarded or have lived under a rock for the past 50 years to believe he won't ever be right where he is at- doing what he has always done.

13 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

I hate to be the tickle-ee but boy do my grandkids love me to be the tickle-er!
the stories I could tell....I was/am a hairstylist and a police dispatcher.........
do you have special tools to clean those transmitters?
I love bringing a paperback to a restaurant with me and if I didn't go to the movies alone I would NEVER go! I never mind spending time with myself... I like me!!

Ada said...

I have convinced my son that I AM NOT ticklish. Aha! He still tries sometimes and I have to poker face my way out of it but it works for the most part. Genius, right?

I have yet to eat or go to the movies by myself. I admire those who do...my sister loves it. Maybe some day.

Opus #6 said...

I liked that video a lot. A lot.

todd said...

I went to the State Fair by myself the other day, have been known to vacation, go out to eat or see a movie by myself. No, I didn't ride the rides at the Fair. That crosses the line to weird.

MarmiteToasty said...

Now my lads are mostly grown, I do have to take that leap into doing things alone...... Ive always had them as backup, so its strange and sometimes difficult doing things on me todd....I was use to doing things on me own when married to the tosser, but again it was usually with kids in tow.....

Still, I would much rather be holding someones hand with someone doing things (well not literally lol)

I to hate being tickled, fank goodness me lads are now to old to be tickling mum lmfao

**•I've never had sex with someone I didn't know- a one night stand or whatever people call it** of this I LOVE about you.....

x

el chupacabra said...

gia pet- i had forgotten that- you were a stylist. my stories would pale... yes although it's cheaper and more effective to replace them by the time they're messed up enough to work although cleanable the ability of that piece to vibrate and carry sound waves is compromised.

ada lou- a purely genius tactical maneuver- wish i had heard that one years ago. you gotta try one of those at least once. it will set you free.

opatariat- aww- could have guessed you would dig that one. that's cool, i'm glad.

todd- didn't think about that one- you're right absolutely right. i could add a related thought: i would agree and in much the same way MIGHT go to a concert at Six Flags by myself but, again their rides would not be in any imminent danger of being ridden by little ole me.

mzchief said...

*My brother used to tickle me until I cried. However, I learned a defensive move that stops the tickling. Biting.

* Typically, sir, our offspring are reflections of ourselves....ahem.....

* The only person with whom I have ever had sex is my husband. We dated for over a year before we wed.

* Pulp Fiction is one of my favourite flicks, ever.

* Since my Mr. travels quite a bit and I prefer to go to early matinees, I frequently see movies sans Hubby/friends. I dislike eating out and only do so at the behest of Hubby and/or friends.

* As long as politics plays a part in ethics, crooked politicos will always be protected by their partners in crime.

el chupacabra said...

mz- as usual good to hear your thoughts. appreciate the reasoned way you think about things but, now honor you for your third point there.

el chupacabra said...

oh ps- your defensive maneuver is antoher reason to respect you! ha, that IS a good one.

el chupacabra said...

marmsie- hand holding is nice isn't it? thanks.

MarmiteToasty said...

mzchief...... I remember as a kid, me older brother sitting on me tickling me cos he knew I hated it, whilst me younger brother looked on, my only line of defence was to crane me neck and bite me brothers toe, the one that was standing looking on....... he jumped to hard that his knee caught my other brother (the one sitting on me) under his chin and he put his front teeth through his bottom lip LMFAO...... that'll learn em :)

x

Gia's Spot said...

Okay so now I feel I am weird ... I went to Disney in Florida by myself about a year after I was divorced just to prove I could do it (part of survivor of abuse treatment)I flew there, stayed in a hotel and I RODE EVERY FREAKING RIDE ALL BY MYSELF, (oh except the Back to the Future ride, two little kids were on it and I may have grabbed an arm during a scary part !) I swear I am normal.................

YM said...

I am having to get used to doing things alone. I think I'd be okay with a movie but I'm not sure I'd like eating out alone. But, you're right, anytime I've seen someone eating alone I didn't think anything of it.

Ixnay on the ickletay, it's a form of torture!