Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday's Digressions


    Busted! The phantom light switcher gets caught in the act in sissies room and answers the question,"How does he do that?"

  • As I was walking out of the bedroom and into the living room where my two boys were playing I heard the two year old say something it took me a few seconds and a little effort to translate- "Effff beee yie... Got on dare dwound!"


  • FBI... Get on the ground!


  • All three of us slept in the tent last night. They kept me up late. Someone was farty (not me). My back was bothering me before we lay down- so I'm in agony now. They both talk in their sleep. Zac is a serious heat generator- and a tumble bug. Every movement someone else makes on that air mattress is like a Richter Scale 6 earthquake.


  • We also read to each other and talked. I read from The Lord Of The Rings. Zac drew pictures for us and challenged us to identify the object. I taught them things about camping. I listened to their breathing after they went to sleep while I read by the light of a headlamp. We heard coyotes howling- in the not too distant distance.


  • Heaven.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Too bad your back wouldn't just let go and let you experience the full joy of the night. Times like that will stay with your boys forever. Way to go super dad!
Now take care of that back and get some rest.

Miss_proper said...

You are a GREAT dad! Every little boy should be as lucky as yours are!

MarmiteToasty said...

It is not only you that is blessed with such children as yours, but it is they that are blessed to have such a father as you...... my sons could only of dreamed of having such a wonderful man like you in their lives....... they have never and will never know a fathers love.....

x

Opus #6 said...

It is great that you trouble yourself to do these things. Your boys will remember these moments forever.

Ada said...

I lova love that picture. Little rascal. :)

Heaven is right. What a blessing for your children to have a dad like you.

Gia's Spot said...

I love the peace that comes from watching children as they sleep, letting their quiet heartbeats set the pace for mine, causing me to sleep deeper than I thought possible. Thank God I now have grandchildren to replace my sleeping babes! You are "What the world needs now"....