Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hospice Humor

After joshing with a younger patient in a nursing home once about the hotness factor of his primary care nurse after she came in the room to check on him I thought he was going to return the favor and get me sued or at least punched in my pretty face.

"Man, she's pretty huh buddy?" I said as the young lady left his bedside while I was his continuous care nurse. He smiled real big nodding his head energetically and laughed a little causing a gurgling from his trach hole and then a coughing spell that left him breathless. She returned later to bring me his meds to give through his peg-tube. As she stood at his side he pointed to her, then me, then formed a hole with the index and thumb fingers of his left hand, then put the index finger of his right hand in the hole and began running it in and out. Before I could say,"Holy smokes man- back that train up before we cross any lines here!" (yes, I am a perennial line crosser but, I do have my limits) I realised:

He was asking her to give me his morphine suppository so I could give it to him for his pain.

7 comments:

Miss_proper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss_proper said...

LMAO loved that!

MarmiteToasty said...

hahahahahahaha your mind was in the gutter lol ..... to dam funny...

x

YM said...

Funny!

Ada said...

Ha ha. You could've gotten in to some trouble with that one. :)

Red said...

Sure he was.

Edith Bunker said...

uhh...does placing a suppository really require repetition of the in & out?
dude's a perv.