Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yes It's Overwrought And Anthemic And Yes It's Slaughter


so if you can't handle that you might as well leave. A very good representation of the apex of mans musical endeavours- the 80s and early 90s. Ladies and gentlemen: Fly To The Angels- Slaughter.


PS Interestingly, this video should fit right with the recently released Hilary Swank movie about Amelia Earhart.




Pictures of you


They're still on my mind


You had the smile


That could light up the world


Now it rains


It seems the sun never shines


And I'll drive down


This lonely lonely road


Ooh I got this feelin'


Girl, I gotta let you go


'Cause now you've got to fly


Fly to the angels


Heavens awaits your heart


And flowers bloom in your name


You've got to fly


Fly to the angels


All the stars in the night


Shine in your name


You know it hurts me


Way deep inside


When I turn and look


And find that you're not there


I try to convince myself


That the pain, the pain


It's still not gone.

3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

The '80s & '90s the apex of musical endeavours?

Methinks thou dost surely jest! (Or is it Shirley jousting - no matter, an unnecessary digression.)

All right-thinking people know that music peaked in the '70s, with some periods of note (yeah, pun intended) in the '40s and '60s.

;-)

an Donalbane said...

PS: But I will try to give Slaughter a listen...

YM said...

You post this and have the nerve to call my songs atrocities? Snap out of it, man.

Although, I always thought the singer was pretty cute.