Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday's Missives





  • Is there anything any better than you're motoring down your favorite highway (or byway) driving way too fast and before you know what's up- Ponch and John whip their unit around, hit their lights and just as you are mentally looking for your license and papers and wracking your brain for that just right excuse that might help them have mercy on you- they blast right past you on the way to another call? I mean really- isn't that greatest?


  • It's like winning the lottery.


  • However, that reminds me- I will never lie or really even try to get out of a ticket in any way and I think that attitude has actually gotten me out of a lot of tickets. A little humor and a little respect can go a long way.


  • No, really.


  • There used to be two troopers in our area (Decatur TX) that were partners and were famous around here for their good looks. Really, they looked like recruiting poster models. One honestly looked a muscled up Zac Efron. I don't know how many women I've heard talking about them saying things like,"Either one of them could give me a ticket any day!"


  • Sorry ladies, I don't think you are either one of their type.


  • I've had food poisoning three times from restaurants.


  • There aren't words.


  • There is a BBQ joint near me that I get asked about a lot. People find out where I live and they'll say,"Oh, is that place any good? I've always heard it was good but, never got over there to try it." etc.


  • Making me relive the time I went there and found a nice, big, long, curly, springy pubic hair in the take home container of beans.

  • Thanks.


  • It was black on one end and gray on the other and impossibly long for a pubic hair.


  • I mean epically long.


  • Good God, how does that happen? I mean as inexcusable as it would be in itself you could understand a head hair, a mustache hair, an eyelash but, good grief- a pubic hair?

15 comments:

YM said...

I hope it wasn't the Railhead because I ate there on Saturday.

Opus #6 said...

No takeout for me today. That had to be done on purpose. No other explanation.

el chupacabra said...

my queen- no, not Railhead- thankfully. I love that place. It was my first stop on my return from Iraq, literally still in uniform and had been off the plane 'maybe' 40 minutes.

el chupacabra said...

opie- I hope you're not right but, in my heart I know you are. Probably why haven't even considered going back.

Edith Bunker said...

You give a nice mental image of hot cops, then yank it away with a pube in your food? cruel.

MarmiteToasty said...

At least you found the pube in your beans and not have to face the embarrassment of someone pointing out that you 'have a pube between your front teeth' :)

someone must of had a quick scratch of their nethers for that to of happened........ gagging after typing that LOL

I dont think we have BBQ places over here as such...... I think its a doodle thing, and when anyone mentions a BBQ place I have visions in my head of them cooking that bloke up in that film (which is my most favourite film in the world) Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whisper Stop Cafe.... so Im glad they dont have BBQ places over here or my X might well end up being chopped up and cooked in one LOL

Thought this might make you smile seeing as how its 'man flu' season..... dont know if its spread to your side of the world yet but its been around here ever since I can remember.....

http://www.manflu.info/factvfiction/factvfiction.htm

:)

x

Ada said...

I love that feeling...you know when your body tenses up because you are going to get a ticket and have to tell your husband. Nooooo, and then the po po drives by and you realize you will survive another day. Ahhhhh. Glorious.

I don't lie to get out of tickets but I can cry instantly and I do have other woman wiles that can be used if needed. Hee hee.

And the bbq story makes me think one thing and one thing only...GROOOOOOSSSSSS!

el chupacabra said...

mrs B- sorry, I'm a man- what can I say? It's programmed in me to destroy.

marmsie- you're absolutely right- I would have fallen over dead. Manflu- we really do probably have it worse when we get sicky- it's evolution. Not good kind necesarily but, evolution. Families could still survive with man-man laid out on a mastadon rug for a few days while he got over a case of butthurt but, cavemom? No, only the families where mom plowed her way through disease and illness survived. My take anyway.

ada- you women- tsk tsk. MY, my my...

Brown Eyed Girl said...

To clarify - a) was this restaurant in Decatur and, if so, b) is it still open? I may never eat out again.

el chupacabra said...

B.E.G.- Oh, man, I was afraid I'd get bogged down in this! No- it was in Weatherford and yes it's still open.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank goodness - we only have two good restaurants in town anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

cool blog my friend..

Anonymous said...

Was eating lunch at McD in Bowie when I read this. Aargh!

About 18 miles east of Wichita Falls, there's a place - it looks like 2 businesses in one building. One is XXX Adult Movies and Books, the other is Beef Jerky.

That makes me uncomfortable...

el chupacabra said...

R is R- thanks!

mcd Bowie eater- sorry. Holy smokes I'll keep an eye out for that place and get a pic up here- your right bad connatation there. at least it's not a sausage factory beside a funeral home...

Gia's Spot said...

Would it make you feel better if I said there are certain ethnic groups that have head hair that looks remarkably like pubic hair and that may explain the longness of it.....Well it made me feel better anyway!!
And our Police officers here would give Ada a ticket just for trying those "female wiles" instead of "Man-ing up"!!