Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday's Dispatch





  • From an Alabama Coop Extension agency video on the yoochoobs about Ratites (large flightless birds): Ostriches live 20-30 years in the wild and are excellent swimmers.



  • There's a big deal being made in the news about a company that is using locks of Michael Jackson's hair saved from the video shoot where he burned his hair and under heat and pressure converting it to a diamond- like substance. The response predictably has been "outrage" and "disgust".



  • Outrage and disgust should be the response due to the fact the same company did the same thing with some of Beethoven's hair and it went for 200,000 dollars at auction and it is anticipated MJs will bring much more.



  • My teenager loves Night Court I've found so I'm going to see if I can get the other seasons at Big Lots (where I got season 1 for 6 bucks).



  • Still haven't cracked open Life Goes On season 1 but, I've heard it's aged real well.



  • One I tried a while back which did not age so gracefully? The Dukes Of Hazard. It was awful.



  • Lawn is a lost cause and I'm watering the flower beds only to keep foundation moist and provide water to the toads who live in the beds.


  • I believe with just about any technology product you're wasting your money to buy the cheapest or the most expensive.

6 comments:

YM said...

I agree about not wasting water on the lawn. It's pretty hopeless with temperatures like we've been having.

200,000 bucks for a piece of hair. People are strange.

Opus #6 said...

Can I pay money to have them throw the Jackson stuff into the ocean? Let the man rest in peace.

Ada said...

Wonder if I could make my hair into diamonds? I could use the money right now. :)
I used to love Night Court. almost forgot about it.

an Donalbane said...

I saw some "where are they now?" feature recently - Richard Moll (Bull Shannon) seems pretty cool these days.

After Night Court, I remember that Harry Anderson starred as Elwood P. Dowd in a remake of Harvey. Anderson did a respectable job, but my distinct impression at the time, that I still hold, is that Barry Bostwick would've been a better casting pick, and might've even eclipsed the great Jimmy Stewart in that role.

Like about 20 million men, I had a crush on Markie Post.

One last, a trivia bit - the character 'Bull' Shannon's first name was Nostradamus.

MarmiteToasty said...

Sending you some of our rainy weather, today has been the first day in a few weeks when we have not had rain.... my grass is lust and green :)

I would like a pet Ostrich, there is a sorta of ostrich farm not far from me, I say farm, they have about 25... and you can buy ostrich burgers and the like from them.... I would preper to just have the ostrich as a pet...

The Dukes of Hazard is pants....yet I use to once think it was the bees knees..

I often look on the video shelf of the charity shops in town to see if an old video takes me fancy.... and often pick them up for pennies.... glad we kept our video player :)

x

Miss_proper said...

Check half price books for DVD tv shows too.. I have watched the entire series of Smallville that way....