Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday's Digressions



    Meet my grandparents James and Nancy.
    They had a punk rock band
    Until she realised he had stopped being about the music and sold out to The Man.


  • "Brian hears a noise."

  • Clip title on hulu for the show Ghost Hunters.

  • Good grief- it's 2009 AD not BC!
  • And anyway, O M G- Brian hears a noise !?
  • Get my attention- make a documentary from Iraq or Afghanistan and have that be a chapter or clip title.

  • Saw the picture of President Obama supposedly ogling some female teenagers backside- along with the video it was jacked from. There was nothing to it, absolutely not even an untoward glance.

  • Latest so bad it's good movie to watch: Giant Spider Invasion. It stars The Skipper whose first line is something like,"Hey there- lil buddy!" It also stars Barbara Hale as a scientist which I thought was pretty cool for being filmed pretty far back in the day. When I was a little kid I had a crush on her as Della Reese in Perry Mason.

  • Freezer- Expensive metal box we put things in so they'll be frozen solid when we throw them away- 2 years from now.

  • Refrigerator- Expensive metal box we put things in so they'll be stinky, hairy and green when we throw them away- 2 weeks from now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my age everybody looks so young. James looks like a fun kid with a wicked streak.

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL@your comments on your fridge and freezer *walks away shaking me head*

Do you know I LOVE with such a passion when you share your old family photos.... it makes me go all warm and fuzzy..... so fank you for sharing your family...

x

el chupacabra said...

nick- i never knew him but, yes i tend to agree. he and i look so much alike it seems weird i know nearly nothing about him.

marmsie- thanks. glad you like that one.
nancy in the photo (we called granny) is the one i've talked about before who had all the plants growing in her house- which was literally a tar paper shack. she dipped snuff and as much as i loved her it grossed me out when she would pull me to her to kiss her!