Monday, July 6, 2009

Mondays Missives



  • It's unusual to think as highly mobile as we are today regardless of where we live in the world we are likely to die within 50 miles of where we were born. I have spent 5 + years living in other countries and states but, live within 40 miles of where I was born.



  • My old unit is back in Iraq this time in Baghdad.



  • Wonder how much longer desk top pcs will be around?



  • People think the US military is losing the war in Iraq because the bad guys can seemingly hit our guys by IEDs with impunity. Within certain groups people believe the US troops can't stand up and fight and only rely on their technology. Truth is on the first thought there are some things in this world you just can't overcome. Think of the money and human resources of scientists fighting the AIDS virus over the past 20 years and people are still dropping like flies. And anyway the IEDS are a symbol of desperation- the insurgents are the ones who get tore up in a stand up fight- even when they have the tactical advantage. Also the IEDS for all their costs haven't stopped mission accomplishment- the beans,bullets and other supplies still get through.



  • I hate to admit it and people who know me would never believe I've sunk this low but, I can now measure in years since the last time I went fishing.



  • Read the other day on a list of things everyone should do before they die: kill, prepare and eat your own food at least once.



  • I agree.

5 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

just a quickie, back later.... but just wanted you to know that....

I grew, killed, prepared, and ate a courgette last night :)

x

Ada said...

Well the photo made me giggle and I am barely awake so that was nice.
I just went fishing with my dad last weekend for the first time in years. Caught one too! He said I giggled and danced around the boat like my six year old. ha.
Was born in WV but moved to Id when I was four. Cannot think of any reason I would move back there so probably doesn't apply to me.

Chris OConnell said...

I came across this blog page that was posted on a Yahoo group I belong to. Thought you may be interested. Chris

http://bluelori.blogspot.com/

Miss_proper said...

lol I am with Marmite! I will hunt down and kill any veggie, clean it and cook it all by myself!

Ada said...

Just saw the photo again and I will never look at duct tape the same way ever again. Ever.