Friday, July 3, 2009

VFW Vision

I was driving by the VFW hall the other night and had to yield to an emergency vehicle that turned into the parking lot. I pictured some old sapphire with a Marlboro 100 hanging impossibly from her lower lip with an ash easily an inch and a half long. She was thumping some guy who was laid out on the dance floor on the chest while saying, Bobby Ray, Don't you do this to me! Don't you DARE die on me, you hear me Bobby Ray?"

The ash never fell off that cigarette.

4 comments:

Ada said...

Love it!

LandShark 5150 said...

Funny. Have a GREAT 4th weekend. Sharky

el chupacabra said...

ada- thanks.

shark- 'preciate it. we went to the RAB show. very good i thought.

ps bobby ray (or whatever his name was) didn't make it. the next morning over coffee i overheard this conversation. "I don't know- you'd think they would have known the way to the VFW hall. I'm sure it wasn't the first time they had to go there. Anyway one of the EMTs told me he was black by the time they got there, there was nothing they could do..."

MarmiteToasty said...

was it cos he was black?

x