Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday's Very Late Dispatch



  • Headline: "Michael Jackson's father suspects foul play"

  • Oh, good grief.

  • A favorite uncle is dying and I don't want to go see him.

  • It was unbelievably hot today.

  • Zak is sitting on couch nekkid, eating cheddar cheese and drinking milk from a sippy cup while watching Smallville.

  • Surprised me how much I enjoy that show.

  • Got the entire fourth season on DVD today at Goodwill for 5 dollars.

  • Your unsolicited parenting tip for the day: Never buy an el cheapo sippy cup.

  • I've read from several second hand sources that there are scholars and others who believe Shakespeare's writings were divinely inspired.

  • Not buying it for a minute.

  • Still, a passage from King Lear kinda jumped out and spooked me when I opened my Complete Works to a random page the other night when I was sleepless.

9 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Seeing as he also has a daughter named Janet after me chicken, maybe he suspects Fowl play ;)

(((Chupa))) so sorry to hear about your uncle, my favourite uncle died just a few weeks after my dad, I was more heartbroken when he died then when my mum and dad died and his was the only funeral I went to (long story)..

LOVE the vision of little button sitting on your sofa munching and dripping milk everywhere lol....

x

Anonymous said...

Yeah, perspective is key.

I used to be upset when the kids were young and dripped milk and crumbs on/in the sofa.

But now that they're living with their mother, I could care less about the sofa - would give anything for the sound of laughter around the house.

As they say, the grass always seems greener...

dethmama said...

Have come over to play in your blog today since my site is in the autoclave for the weekend. Yech!

Your King Lear passage intrigues me. Care to share?

Very sorry to hear about your uncle. I had a similar visiting issue when it came to my father.

The vision of your little boy nekkid on the couch brings back such sweet memories. My boy is 21 now and if he still does that, I don't wanna see it!

Miss_proper said...

lol act like sitting on the couch naked eating cheese is unusual! LOL KIDDING!

I KNOW that was divinely inspired and it wasnt Shakespeare!

I understand COMPLETELY about not wanting to see your uncle... defenses are hard to break down...

Ada said...

Don't even get me started on MJ and his crazy father. Geesh!

Do you think you will regret it more if you do go see him or if you don't? Sometimes that's how I make a decision.

I have found when sleepless you process things different, sometimes good different and sometiems bad different.

MarmiteToasty said...

ps... Spongebob is 10 years old on the 17th of this month..... unbelievable....

thats like 8 years before your little button was even a twinkle in your eye.... or wherever else lol

x

el chupacabra said...

Your random chupacabra trivia for the day (I know- I've told it before).

When I was in Iraq for nearly the entire year I wore a pair of Spongebob boxers to sleep in at night.

Never washed them.

MarmiteToasty said...

Well along as you washed 'ya bits in ya boxers' then all was well in the world LOL :)

Do you still have them boxers? if so, you should do a 'give away' post hahahahahahaha

x

mzchief said...

Go see your uncle.

"Regret for things we did can be tempered by time; it is the regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
~ Sydney Harris