Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday's Music Video Extra Vaganza- O Rama Special Double Barrel Edition






Don't know where to start with todays offerings the first by Mindy Smith and the second by The White Stripes. There's the fact I nearly loathe Dolly Parton's version of this song. My odd history with J named women. The fact that I really love these covers of Jolene in their own right and nearly everything else each has done. Also, true too- each of the covers are so different from each other and the original. Enjoy and sing along.


Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

I'm begging of you, please don't take my man

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

Please don't take him just because you can

Your beauty is beyond compare

With flaming locks of auburn hair

With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green

Your smile is like a breath of spring

Your voice is soft like summer rain

And I cannot compete with you,

JoleneHe talks about you in his sleep

And there's nothing I can do to keep

From crying when he calls your name,

Jolene

But I can easily understand

How you could easily take my man

But you don't know what he means to me,

JoleneJolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

I'm begging of you, please don't take my man

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

Please don't take him just because you can

You could have your choice of men

But I could never love again

He's the only one for me, Jolene

I had to have this talk with you

My happiness depends on you

And whatever you decide to do,

Jolene

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

I'm begging of you,

please don't take my man

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

Please don't take him just because you can

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

I'm begging of you, please don't take my man

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

Please don't take him even though you can

Jolene, Jolene







4 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I dont like the dolly version, but have not heard the others, now I will have to look them up on utube... the words are great though..... I might get my sons punk band do a cover of it.... even though they only usually do their own stuff, but band practise is here in my house so I should get a little say LOL

x

el chupacabra said...

marms- links to the songs are hi lited in the post. so, you have The Sex Pistols living in your house?

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh daft me lol sorry I didnt realise they was links..... I did laff a little at the white stripes one with his quavering voice :) I loved the first one though...

Jebus NO nuffin like the sex pistols... its not that sorta punk, its more skate punk....

http://www.myspace.com/milesfromanywhere

Click on the music bit to listen, the singer aint that good he is 'going' soon LOL the drumming though is awesome :)

my lad is the drummer :) he is one of the best drummers in the south of England..... shut everything else out and just listen to how fast and good he drums :)... the drum kit is set up behind me as I type.... it almost takes up this whole room LOL

x

an Donalbane said...

The Mindy Smith version is awesome.

Near the end of the video, I was wondering if she was gonna go all "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" on her cheatin' man...