Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Post Fourth Post






  • Computer back up- and with the new network card is fast.


  • That came out newtwork first.


  • The Runaway Bay fireworks show was nice.


  • What does something like that cost? $20,000?


  • That morning watched the sun come up with Zac while riding the four wheeler.


  • Until the flat.


  • Then I pushed- he steered.


  • Ever seen a 2 year old help repair a flat on a four wheeler? If you were with us you could say you had.


  • White trash: may not have money for shoes or clothing that doesn't end in top (tank top, tube top etc.) their children may wear diapers until they are ready to explode but, man- there will be money for beer and firecrackers.


  • Even it takes risking property, lives and eyesight at a multi thousand dollar show- they will have plenty of stuff that goes bang.


  • Caught myself teaching a nephew how to estimate distance from an explosion by using the flash to bang method.


  • I knew my wartime service would pay off someday.


  • US tracer rounds are red and insurgent ones are white due to different chemical properties. The white trash behind us fired off something that shot out a white, flaming ball.


  • My heart jumped up in my throat for a second I'll admit.


  • I thought often of the kid that night who walked away from his unit in Afghanistan several days ago. The thought of him in enemy hands on the Fourth Of July. Made me feel cold and empty inside.


  • God, what was he thinking?


  • All that situation really proves is a poor, mixed up kid. Although I have several guesses what people think it proves.


  • My oldest has been gone a lot this summer and I don't begrudge his experiences but, I've missed him.


  • He text me for some very important input into a hot, earth shattering debate he was obviously embroiled in : "Dad, can a copperhead and rattlesnake mate under any circumstances?"

  • Got in trouble for tying a compliment to the woman's age (she's 50). It was actually a two parter- one on general beauty and shape and another on her shape for her age. I know the pitfalls involved there but, thought it was pertinent enough to warrant the risk.

  • I mean really- she's 50 years old and looks better than most women half her age and this didn't happen by accident.

  • Still think I was right.

  • Some days it just isn't worth gnawing through the leather straps.


  • Zac got shots the other day. He told the nurse,"You no nice! Go time out, now!"

8 comments:

Denney Crane said...

Sounds like you're still suffering from post traumatic celebration disorder...

an Donalbane said...

I dunno, bro, adding qualifying phrases, e.g. for your age when complimenting a woman is a real minefield.

But, inasmuch as you are familiar with not only metaphorical, but real minefields, I guess we can just say that you are intrepid, no?

Ada said...

I have contemplated leaving one of my posts w no spell check or editing since I often type with one hand while there is a baby in the other. That would be good stuff.
hadn't heard about the kid that left...sad and scary.
Isn't "help" at the age of two more hinderance? :)

el chupacabra said...

denney- ptcd? ummm, wonder what the va would think about that claim?

don- i know lessons learned i guess

ada- ha, you're right- always have to budget 'zacfactor' into project times. the soldier who left his unit disappeared in the night and was captured by insurgents who quickly sold him up the line to more hardcore taliban so there is no telling what will happen to him. he left his weapon but, took his JOURNAL so confidence is high the kid is a mess.

MarmiteToasty said...

no matter even when I know the bang from fireworks is coming, they still make me jump out of me skin....

Visions of cute little button driving the 4 wheeler, except I dont know what that is lol tractor? mower? car?

And dont you know yet to allow at least an extra hour when 2 year olds are trying to help :)

Did you lady friend bitchslap you senseless? LOL

x

Anonymous said...

Hot & great guy all around!! Best nurse you could ever have!! Super dad!! SUCKS at math!

el chupacabra said...

marmsie- will put pics up to show you- it's like a 4 wheel, dirt bike motorcycle? you're right when my helpers are around have to budget extra time. that or distract them and go at it alone!

MarmiteToasty said...

oh, you mean a quad bike? you have one of those? oh you jammy sod...

x