Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday's Missives






















  • The Cure- a musical taste literally from my childhood that I haven't outgrown. As a matter of fact the more time goes by- the more I love them.

  • Joe Piscopo, Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow, The Cure and Iron Maiden. Five acts I've determined to see live before one of us dies.

  • I think there's something wrong with me.

  • The above pics are from a school auction selling off the dolls that the care of is supposed to make a child think twice before getting pregnant.

  • Kind of creepy.

  • It's 6:30 am- the baby is screaming and just knocked my delicious, cold Dr. Pepper over on to the carpet. And, "Good grief- what did he eat last night?" I said while changing his diaper this morning.

  • He's the, Baby- I wish I had a do over.

  • Recently had a graphic reminder: No Good Deed Will Go Unpunished.

  • People

  • Literally, do not know how some people can face themselves in the mirror in the morning.

  • Sen. John Edwards for such a handsome devil has a thing for ugly women.

  • Once a brother in law, father in law and myself helped a female family member move away from a very bad situation. One of the trucks we used was a flatbed which we stacked literally 12-14 feet high from the bed. The joke was of course it looked like The Beverly Hillbillies- The Wise County Edition. I brought out a rocking chair and was strapping it to the top of the whole mess when she saw me and begged us to not put it up there. We threatened to quit if she didn't let us put it up there for the ride to the new place.

  • So mean.

  • So funny.

8 comments:

Mango's Madness said...

Some guys like Edwards just have no taste! And I still like Diamond too.

YM said...

I always thought Edwards looked like a television preacher and just like a few of those, he's a no good cheating bastard.

C'mon, Manilow, really?

el chupacabra said...

mad mango- true- there's no accounting for taste.

my queen- yes, i can't help it and what made me a fan was hearing some of his older/ less played stuff- really great. and, he's just so dreaamy...
ha

Ada said...

I don't think I have ever seen Manilow and Iron Maiden in the same sentence. :)

el chupacabra said...

ada- ha. good point- se i told you something is wrong with me!

Anonymous said...

??

an Donalbane said...

Have seen Diamond at TCCC ~ '75 or '76, then in the '80s at Reunion. It seemed that in the later show he was just going through the motions - I mean, really, an 8 minute Forever in Blue Jeans!>

You're right about his earlier stuff, though. Hot August Night (the original one, not II) is probably one of the best performed and recorded live albums around. He had a couple of good albums in Beautiful Noise and I'm Glad You're Here With Me Tonight (great covers of B. Wilson's God Only Knows and J. Mitchell's Free Man in Paris. But by the time he started doing duets with Streisand, he was jumpin' the shark.

MarmiteToasty said...

I saw Neil Diamond years ago in London, hey, the tickets were free LOL.... he was amazing I must say :)

I use to love the Hillbillys :)- I would of shoved the rocker on the top and sat up there proud and tall lol...and I cant imagine you have a real 'true' mean bone in your body....

x