Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday's Digressions







  • "Alright guys. If we get hit, we're falling back to this building. I said pointing. We'll take that upper floor, call for the trucks and wait. No matter what- stay - together - and shoot - back! You got me?"
  • I almost hate that I'll never get to say cool things like that again.
  • Well, I still do but, the people in the grocery store sure do look at me funny.
  • Seriously- I'll never, ever forget the look on a couple of their faces.
  • They loved me.
  • Man oh man- in that second I got it.
  • Prediction: Chevrolet will make a sportier, high performance version of the Volt electric car.
  • And call it the Jolt.
  • You read it here first.
  • My children have the game machine that you can wave a remote around and it acts like a bat, gun, club or racket etc.
  • They will go days and sometimes weeks without touching it at all.
  • Wouldn't it be something if our collection of knowledge, experience, skills and contribution to the arts and fellow man were what defined us- I mean each of us in our own ways but, the accumulation of junk was just well- junk and money was used to feed ourselves and others while really accomplishing things?


  • If you are a male whose been through a divorce in America- specifically Texas I hear and see a lot (yes, surprised me too- for some reason) and has owned a home that burned to the ground you think about things like the above.


  • Empathy, sympathy and perspective can be expensive.
  • In more ways than one.

6 comments:

Mango's Madness said...

You are so right. Going thru a death is almost the same thing. We call the things memories, but it is just junk to everyone else.

MarmiteToasty said...

Its hard whether one is a male or female........ just saying... :)mine was hard, not cos he didnt want me but cos he didnt want his 4 beautiful sons who were only 16, 14, 10 and 6 at the time....

Smiling at visions of you in the veggie aisle with a courgette as a gun hiding behind the oranges shouting commands are your children LMFAO...... to dam funny.....

I am often told that I sometimes have to much of these - - - Empathy, sympathy and perspective ... and because of that I get used a lot.... but I cant change me or whom I am...

I LOVE the photo....... oh my what long toes you have :)... just look at that little button foot against your big one.... dont it just make ya feel protective....

Sweet potatoe, spicy sausage and lentil curry in the slow cooker today with 2 loaves of bananna bread in the oven :)

x

Ada said...

I think if you can say cool words like "jetpack" randomly and get away with it you can say pretty much whatever you want.
My fave part was "shoot back".

I do love your predictions...although sometimes they scare me. Jolt doesn't scare me though. :)

I'm sure if you are a male who has been divorced and lost a house you have a lot of different thoughts. I'm glad you share them with us.

YM said...

Divorce does tend to put what is important into perspective. You had a double dose with the fire.

mzchief said...

You may not get to use much Rambo talk anymore but you get to say way cooler things like; "Let Daddy show you how to do that." or "Daddy is really proud of you." or "I couldn't have asked for better children."

My friend, "our collection of knowledge, experience, skills and contribution to the arts and fellow man are what define us" who know that "the accumulation of junk was just well- junk." The quality and the nobility with which each of us lives our own life is a CHOICE and knowing to make that choice is what separates humans from beasts and allows us to form civilizations rather than merely live in herds, flocks, gaggles and troops.

Anonymous said...

Cute toes! All ten of them!