Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesdays Digressions



  • "It was a load off of our shoulders," said Edwin Shelly, whose daughter was Ross' seventh victim. "The hate is gone because there is no one to hate." msnbc
  • The above relates to a case where a killer sat on death row for 20 years before becoming the first person executed in New England in 45 years when he was killed by the state of Connecticut.
  • In my opinion the main thing I think that should concern when reading Edwin Shelley's statement is that feeling the way he reports in these situations is rare- from an abused child whose tormentor died before the victims hate was resolved or yes, even post the execution of a a family members murderer, people often report having no lasting relief after the death of the person they hated so much- precisely because there' nothing and no one to direct the hate at any longer.
  • "The study, published in Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, found that people are far more likely to kill themselves in the middle of the week than in the beginning or the end: almost 25 percent of suicides occur on Wednesdays as compared to 14 percent on Mondays or Saturdays, the two days tied for second-highest suicide rates. " msnbc
  • I'm somewhat allergic to cats. If there is one around and in a clean house I'm usually OK but, put two or three in there and it could be vacuumed more often? Agony and misery. What to do when I encounter cat homes in my nursing? #1) Keep my hands and face washed often and throw a clean sheet over the chair where I sit. #2) If situation more likely to get dire add placing Carmex or Vaseline in my nostrils. #3) If I start getting symptomatic, use 10 mg Loratadine and 25 mg Diphenhydramine with allergy control eye drops. Three cats and could keep the house a little better? Skip straight to #3.
  • Funny to see a movie now with Vincent Price and think about how scared to death I could be watching the same movie as a young lad and today it might seem comical. He still has his moments though.
  • In the headlines today: Brett Favre nears a decision.
  • Way, Way, WAY past ridiculous.
  • Another: Police break up canary fighting ring.
  • I waited for the Onion News Network logo but, no it was real.

4 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Who needs Vincent Price movies anymore. I remember House of Wax.

Nowadays we have this in real life. Like The Soupmaker down Mexico way.

Anonymous said...

Loose the profile picture!!Please.
^^^^^
0 0
<
~~~
"

el chupacabra said...

opie- of course leave it to you- exactamundo correct. pit and the pendulum might STILl rock though!!

Goobersmooch- ok ill figure something else out- a werewolf or sumfin!

MarmiteToasty said...

Im highly allergic to pork or any pork related foods... but Im not allergic to pigs..... are you allergic to cat casserole? :)

I have 2 cats so if whenever get to England and pop in for a cuppa tea and a scone, I will BBQ them to be on the safe side...... :)

x