Saturday, August 8, 2009

Post Race Post



  • Just got in from the races.
  • Above is what a jet car looks like when photographed by clueless cameraman.
  • The jet cars went over 200 mph on this track.
  • I've been down it in Camaro that went a little over a 100 mph in that same 1/8 of a mile.
  • My feet, back, head and knees hurt and I'm nauseous from all the fumes.
  • Oh, and my ears are ringing.
  • Bound to be a record for race induced afflictions.
  • A great time though because both my sons and nephew went with me.
  • Was ambushed at the gate by 25.00 dollar per person admission. I had no idea.
  • The girl cut me a deal.
  • Not sure if it was my charm or good looks.
  • Black people like the motorcycles.
  • White people couldn't care less normally.
  • Saw one fight.
  • Today's Top Fuel funny cars generate 8000 horsepower.
  • Bind moggling.
  • My Tahoe made 305 horsepower as I recall and the Camaro I mentioned earlier about 800 HP.
  • Spellcheck hi lites Camaro and offers Camry as an alternative.
  • The nerve.
  • I'm tired.
  • Excuse me the phone is ringing.
  • Oh, it's my ears.
  • I think I'll sleep naked tonight. No shower. When I turn in the night I'll get a whiff of burnt rocket fuel, alcohol, nitro methane and rubber.
  • I seepy, night- night, as Zac said.

8 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Sounds like a fun day. Clueless cameraman, funny. Good looks? I used to think so. But you are starting to show your age. Your new avatar....

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a hot date when I was in my twenties: Sleeping naked, the smell of alcohol and burning rubber...

Ada said...

You made me laugh, once again.

I love the pic. I have a similar one of the moon taken while driving. It looks like a capital A. My name, my hubby and my kids names all begin with A.

Probably was your charm AND good looks.

Mango's Madness said...

Tear em up Mr Smooth. Almost nothing beats a day at the drag strip.

el chupacabra said...

op- hi. thanks. you're right beetlejuice cant hold a candle to ole blue eyes for sure

ano 913- ha good one thanks.

ada- that sounds cool. and, dont give me too much credit but, thanks

mad mango- thanks sir. as they said on the pa system last night,"a bad day at the drag strip beats a good day at work every time."

MarmiteToasty said...

Ok, I laffed at the phones ringing..... :) such a mixture of thoughts and feelings when reading your blob....

and just sometimes one has to sleep naked and smelling of the day or night ;) without a shower....

Ive never been to a drag thingie. but seen it on the telly... I do love to drive fast though, and I remember back all those years ago when having lessons, me driving instructor on me second lesson told me to slow down, I wasnt Stirling Moss LOL.... never had an accident though :) just love FAST FAST FAST...... unless its in an open top car driving along the seafront.... then its slow slow slow..

tiz only a little past 8 here and I can bet 50 quid I will of fallen asleep within the hours, totally exhausted today.......

so I should say... I seepy LOL

x

MarmiteToasty said...

ps...... we love that film Beetlejuice here in this house....

x

an Donalbane said...

Or should we call you Mr. Betelgeuse?