Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday's Summary

An accident looking for a place to happen.






  • If I'm still here this afternoon I may go get some sun- that is if I'm not in Heaven or being chased by giant scorpions while swimming in a river of blood here in this world.




  • Today is supposed to be the end of the world- in case you missed it.




  • No surprise to me: the main guy pushing the end of times thing for today is the head of a 100 million dollar non profit organization.




  • Randy Macho Man Savage died in a car wreck yesterday. I don't care anything about wrestling, but that oddly saddened me.




  • I loved it when I was a kid though.




  • Wrasslin.




  • I have a sixth degree of separation from the Von Erichs. I competed in the discus against Mike and the two oldest boys coached me one day before a meet. What a sad mess that family was.




  • What do I remember about that day? Fritz's voice was unbelievably gravelly and the two oldest boys were unbelievably (for the time) muscled up. I was very intimidated, but they were nice.

4 comments:

RPM said...

I had a brush with the Von Erichs at a football game in Bridgeport in the early 70's. Hung out with Mike for almost all of the 1st half before I found out who he was.

I need more info on this giant scorpion attack. Do I need to go all George Peppard and start converting the RV a la Damnation Alley?

an Donalbane said...

I don't like the saddle on that bike, and I don't think it would perform well in the turns...

el chupacabra said...

Hey Mike- left answer on your blog.

Don- I bet you're right. I have no idea what is going on with that pic- just came across it somewhere.
The contraption on the back looks like a pulse jet similar to the V bomb. The concept is so relatively simple I have a sneaking suspicion/fear that monstrosity may be functional by now- if it wasn't when the pic was taken.

RPM said...

That's exactly what it is, a pulse jet. I don't remember where (NOVA, Discovery, ect)but I've seen footage of it in action and the tailpipe on that thing gets cherry red.