Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday's Dispatch





    Evolution- click to slightly enlargenate.






  • During the recent Blogger outage multiple comments by people which were already up and readable disappeared. I didn't delete them so don't take offense.



  • All I've wanted to do the past few days is sleep.



  • And I could go for a good nap right about now.



  • The Gin Blossoms have put out a lot of good stuff- Found Out About You is one of my favorites. They got their name from a picture of WC Fields with the caption, WC Fields with gin blossoms. This was supposed to refer to his gin ravaged nose, but he had rosacea also.



  • Better than Ezra is also a favorite of mine with Good being my favorite song. They won't say how they got their name, but dj's long ago would say they had another working name in their early days and as they were going on stage after a band named Ezra they had themselves announced as Better Than Ezra...



  • LaBella, Rody and Redbeard. Dj's I remember from long ago. Didn't one of them die in a freak truck accident a few years ago?



  • My car is in the shop. I really need to get out and take care of some errands and told myself last night to walk- no surprise it's threatening to rain.



  • I've always kept a guitar around. It's mostly so my children are familiar with seeing one around and comfortable with handling it and banging on the strings. I cannot do anything with a guitar- nothing. It's funny though, when people say,"Oh play something on the guitar!" when they see it standing in the corner they don't believe I can't and think I'm being shy about my ability. The more I say I can't the more they push sometimes getting a little angry "Oh come- it's just me. You're probably great anyway!" they'll say.



  • Comfortable in that last sentence first came out comfartable.



  • Have a great weekend

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

LaBella died on I-30 just west of downtown Dallas in 2002 in a horrific traffic accident.

I likewise can't really play the guitar, but anytime I pick one up, I reflexively play the opening riff of Crazy on You, the bridge from The Chain, the Smoke on the Water intro, or a bit from a George Harrison song I can't remember now.

No, I can't do Stairway.

If I could take lessons, I would want to learn Wish You Were Here, the solos from Comfortably Numb, Hotel California, and Wonderful Tonight.