Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday's Missives











  • By midnight last night I had been asleep for hours and felt great when I woke up.



  • My friend made me laugh so hard yesterday morning I literally had chest pain, but I can't remember now what she said for anything.



  • I finished Mark Twain's autobiography. Although I wouldn't have missed it for the world and will probably reread it, I can nearly call it a disappointment. It wasn't nearly the tell all I was expecting and my guess is that was part of the joke on his part when he demanded that it not be published until 100 years after his death. One thing that stood out? There is a pic in it of his wife dead in her bed- a not uncommon practice for the time.



  • Incubus Love Hurts.



  • You would be surprised at the amount of intractable back pain that is related to stress, chronic constipation and being out of shape- including simple postural issues. People won't change though and you can't tell them any different and lots of surgeries are performed when the patient finds a doc who will resort to it for relatively minor abnormalities on an X-ray or other images.



  • For the life of me I cannot understand what difference Scharzenegger's love child makes to his movie career.



  • Well, we're all still here- now what?

No comments: