Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday's Missives



  • I think to find Bill Hicks funny you'd have to think of him as a sort of motivational speaker first who uses humor to get his message across. Also, if you are a pretty self aware person without an axe to grind, who thinks for themselves (which he for lack of a better term preaches) watching his act can actually be tiresome.

  • An odd, unconnected thought just crossed my mind. I'd really like to go back to Germany. Although plenty of people speak English and you could get by just fine without speaking German I would have to get my head wrapped around it and learn enough to get around again and that gives me a headache thinking about it- although it's an easy langauage for an English speaker to learn.

  • Do we program little kids to like dinosaurs? We must, otherwise it's inborn- their love for those big scaly creatures is too pervasive.

  • I watched my first son be born by c section.

  • A funny, gross, profane movie: Shakes The Clown.

  • Last year I've heard my apartment closed the pool way early- like July 5 or something ridiculous. There was such an uproar they kept it open all year this year.

4 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Funny you should mention Germany.

The other evening, I played with the Bing maps birdseye feature looking at and around areas of my misspent youth in the Wien area - the hotel where we resided for two months, at the edge of a vineyard, while our furnishings were transported by ship and overland; Stefanskirche (dig those catacombs!); the Prater amusement park; and the small village just southwest of Vienna where we rented a house (also on the periphery of hundreds or thousands of acres/hectares of grapevines.

Vielen danke - good memories.

el chupacabra said...

I lived in Bad Hersfeld and still refer to it as my hometown when speaking of Deutchland. The bookstore there was older than our country.
Marys was a great- great restaurant.
Nancy's Schnellimbiss on the hill was fantastic for fast food. There was so much horseradish in the mustard it would take your breath away and make you think you were going to die.

Kathleen... said...

July 5th?? Holy cow. Uproar. Begin. ;-)

el chupacabra said...

Hey Kathleen- yeah, no doubt and I may have been exaggerating a little, but not much.