Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday's Missives

Huh? Nothing wrong with this picture, but there's not even a chance I intentionally downloaded it to my my computer- something to think about (to me anyway) when someone is accused of having illegal pictures on their machine.

  • During The War I carried a loose 5.56 round in my my pocket as mostly a gesture, but ostensibly to blow my brains out with to prevent capture if it came down to it. By the time I came home it was polished- I mean shiny bright from riding in my cargo pocket.

  • I took a friend to Baker's Ribs in Weatherford last night and still feel woozy from protein, carbohydrate, fat, lemonade and awesomeness overload. Honestly- I did not even sleep well and had nightmares.

  • A recurring dream: A house near the Grasslands North of Decatur- I stop thinking it's a friends. Hubby comes home thinking I'm up to no good and starts loading a muzzle loader. I being the brave commando I am run for dear life. There's a fence I jump which leads to another and another all getting higher until I jump from one to another as they get higher and higher. His muzzleoader is actually some sort of Gatlin Gun and as he turns the crank I hear the rounds buzzing by my head. The summer air is so hot I can't breath and I get to my truck, (always a 1979 Ford- a different color every time) about the time I'm ready to give up and let him kill me. And then I wake up.

  • I've had that ridiculous dream every few years for as long as I can remember in my adult life.

  • Woke up this morning with Pearl Jams Breathe on mind.

  • Afghanistan was lost the minute we thought it winnable.

  • Zac is now demanding he be called Zachary. He's 3 and already redefining himself- I'm bracing for a difficult next 15 years.

  • His life count for fish count stands at 7 now.

3 comments:

RPM said...

Bakers Ribs? Never heard of it but I feel a roadtrip coming on.

an Donalbane said...

That is a beautiful woman. (I'm not even going to say anything smart-alecky.)

I never carried a .223 round for good luck, but did for some time, as a banker, carry a 650 or 700 grain (don't know which, as my reloading scale doesn't go that high) .50 cal. projectile (not the whole cartridge). It was quite shiny.

Too old for nicknames at 3? You may be right - buckle your seatbelt, it's gonna be an interesting ride.

Sherri said...

Breathe is one of the best songs of this time... something about that song gives a feeling of peace... on my play list it sits between Into the Mystic and Can't You See....