Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday's Digressions






  • I'm responsible for some gold on another blog which always gets favorable comments- well mostly but, I can't bring myself to own up to any of them so I post anonymously.



  • Now, if I did put my ID with them I would get accused of plagiarizing.



  • I can never seem to win- for losing.


  • People who lived near the major who committed the murders on Fort Hood are saying he was mistreated for his faith. After duty hours he would change into clothes associated with Afghan men and attend prayer at his Mosque. I find this a bit odd since he was born in the US and his ancestry is Palestinian. His appearance reportedly led to verbal taunting and vandalizing of his property. Another thought: what would happen to me if I wore a clown suit in some backwater neighborhood in Lebanon? or, short, tight cut off jeans and a string tank top? His actions while working in DC have been properly referred to as, "making himself a lightning rod for trouble."


  • Would you buy a one ounce gold coin for 50.00 dollars? Would you accept it if someone gave it to you?


  • 2012 looks sadly- sucky. I'll assuredly catch it on DVD though.


  • The pond at the end of the road looks spooky at night and the wetlands in the bottom behind it even worse. I'm going to take my oldest son down there and dare him to walk through the wetlands with me some night.


  • Yes, I dare my child to do things.

9 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

I would accept that coin, especially after he was gonna give it away!! Gotta know your gold!! And Since when is getting ribbed for anything an excuse to kill people? He's just a jerk! (well I have some stronger words but don't need to write them here!)
Gia

Opus #6 said...

You're Scaring Me Dude. No swamps at night. Haven't you seen the movie, Adaptation, with Nicholas Cage?

el chupacabra said...

Gia pet- You're absolutley right- I would surprise that dude and make him regret his expesnsive little social eperiment!

Opu MyDear- As a matter of fact I watched it a couple of days ago- it's a fave. Good question- hadn't thought of though of that. A good illustration of why men sometimes don't do so good without a woman to question their antics.

Miss_proper said...

Been to the blog to which you are referring... tried to be sane there.... can't do it. I always sign my name though... good luck with that.

el chupacabra said...

Hey G- New pic. I won't use my real mug- don't want to frighten or offend anyone.

MarmiteToasty said...

I dared me lads to walk through the cemetary late one night LOL it was just the most funniest thing ever, what part of... there aint nuffin there during the dark hours that aint there during the day....

ok, what blob ya talking about?

I would of snapped that coin up in a flash, would of knocked him down on the price first though :) and I will say, when he said he just wants money for a coffee, I would of offered to take him for a coffee :)

x

YM said...

Yeah I think I know which blog you're talking about too. Now I'll read the comments wondering if they're posted by you.

mzchief said...

* I NEVER comment/post as "anonymous" and NEVER will. I do not say or for that matter think anything for which I am not willing to take credit or blame. Denying my own words would be akin to denying a portion of me. The only real reason I do not post with my REAL names is that I have had people threaten to kill/rape me, burn my house down, break the windows in my home, kill my horses/pets and wish harm to my son and husband. In light of there being those type of crazy Internet Tough Guys I do what is necessary to avoid having to shoot someone on my property.

* I have never understood people who believe they have the right to demand to be accepted and embraced for flying their freak flag.

* No, I would not pay $50. for a coin some random guy claimed was an ounce of gold. However, I would indeed pay $50. and/or take for free a one ounce coin I KNEW was gold.

* I do not think it is wise to teach your children it is appropriate to deal with people who goad them, with a dare, into doing things their gut tells them not to do. Keep in mind, you are not the only one out there daring your children. My son has been taught, if it takes a dare to get you to do something, most likely it is not anything you REALLY need/should be doing. Children learn what is and is not acceptable behaviour from their parents and learn proper behaviour based on how their parents treat them.

el chupacabra said...

MZ- You're right- from the earliest age I've actually taught my son that if it takes a dare it's probably not the best thing to do and this is oft repeated. I was really just goofin' when I said that part. The point would be to do something thats main goal would be to accomplish something scary together simply for the sake of doing it that many people would be too frightened to do even for money.