Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday's Dispatch




  • "Just because we have (since Bush time) fiddled with the unemployment stats so that it doesn't look as bad as it is, doesn't make the reality go away. The U6 alone puts us up about double the unemployment rate. They say 9, reality says 22. Also, the only thing keeping our dollar afloat is China's inability to crawl out from under it. Also, the reason we are so mad at Iran has nothing to do with nukes (they did tell us about Qum) but with the oil exchange based on euros instead of dollars they want. The same as Iraq. We are so screwed. "



  • From the comments of HULU user review section. I can't understand a thing that guy's saying but, think he might be on to something if he worked on mastering writing the English language.

  • Greatest band you've never heard- The Perishers performing Sway. I can't help it if I like mushy music sometimes. Honestly- as in, it doesn't happen very often.



  • Why does it seem like in movies all visualizations of our future involve everyone dressing like flamboyantly gay people of today?



  • Parodies of old patriotic posters can be great- even if I don't agree with them they can be very telling of our past and present political thought environment.



  • When my oldest son was in the hospital was the sickest time I've faced mentally in a long time. I didn't sleep, I didn't eat- I uncharacteristically for me in difficult situations- worried.



  • Although I did pray a lot.



  • I still encourage Zac to sit up with me and watch TV or read or whatever until he and then I go to to sleep in the recliner. Agony after a couple of hours but, worth it and the opportunities to do so won't last forever.



  • Or, I guess they could last for years longer- it would just look ridiculous for me to have someone in my lap bigger than myself.

6 comments:

Opus #6 said...

My grown kids are willing to lap-sit, but only as a joke, and it is pretty funny. :-)

Gia's Spot said...

Ah but then they have kids and the lap-cycle starts all over again!! A little older lap but hey, its squishier!!

Anonymous said...

: (

YM said...

I'm a sucker for mushy music and that was a nice song.

Gia's right, the lap cycle starts again with grandchildren.

MarmiteToasty said...

I dont think my Son number 2 at 6'4" would fit on me lap lol

My lads have always been in and out of hospital with broken this and broken that and a couple of ops for minor things, but it still dont take the worry away - the worst one for me was when my then nearly 5 year old was run down by a speeding car in our village.... he was in ICU 2 weeks fighting for his life and then spent another 8 weeks in hospital in traction etc.... he had smashed to pieces both his femurs and the inpact has shoved all his interal organs up into his rib cage....

We had a newish baby a child fighting for life in hospital, an 8 year old and a 10 year old and to cap it all, my tosser X's father sacked him from the family business for taking time off work when our Sam was in ICU (at least one of us had to be either staying in hospital with our child or at home with the other children) - twas the beginning of the end of our marriage.....

soooooooo, I know where your coming from..

x

MarmiteToasty said...

ps..... my lad that was all broken, well, I was told he would never play sports and would struggle with his mobility..... well, there was no way I was listening to that, the week after he left hospital, on crutches and a wheelchair I bought him a bike and roller skates..... as a carrot.......

Just goes to show they dont know it all, cos he went on to play football rugby tchoukball cricket and was the most amazing hockey player, and now he is an extreme skateboarder :) - the boy did good ...

x