Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday's Summary






  • I have a funny feeling if you've seen the trailer for Men Who Stare At Goats you've seen all there is worth watching.




  • "Don't bother me- I'm busy!" The last thing Zac said to me.



  • Watched part of a speech by President Obama and in it he referred to the Medal Of Honor as the Congressional Medal Of Honor- no biggy I guess, just would have thought if he didn't know any better a proofreader, fact checker or somebody would have caught that goof.



  • Everybody is being so quick to dismiss the role Major Hasan's religion played in the murders he committed on Fort Hood. OK- I get it but, they would not have occurred were it not for his religion.


  • So...



  • When Zac is sick it's all Barney all the time. God forgive me but, I do not like Barney.



  • I dig Bob The Builder though and could watch it anytime.



  • I've got a bad feeling I'm going to buy a motorcycle.


  • HBO's new series The Pacific looks great! It's from the creators of Band Of Brothers.

7 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I dislike that big purple dinosaur with a passion.... but love Bob with an equal passion......

x

el chupacabra said...

Marmsie- That's cool- knew I wasn't the only one. Still, feel vaguely dirty for not liking him.

Anonymous said...

I even have the BTB Pez dispensers!

MarmiteToasty said...

Chup its not just the purple thing I dislike its the right proper 'cheesey' kids that are in the programme to LOL

dont feel dirty feel cleansed LOL

x

Ada said...

I don't get the goat movie at all. I keep asking myself...did they really make a movie out of this?

Busy two year old=trouble. :)

I don't think anyone likes Barney.

Judy said...

Buy the motorcycle! My fiance bought one last spring and we love riding it! Love to take those rural winding roads on a nice day.
Not that it matters, but I'm 50.

mzchief said...

I disagree with your statement that Hasan would not have become a mass murderer had it not been for Islam. Jim Jones, David Koresh, Raymond Jessop and their ilk did not commit their atrocities because of their belief in Christianity but they did indeed use Christianity as an excuse to commit their crimes.

From the things that are being said, Hasan exhibited serious anti-social personality disorder from the moment he entered the military. There were doctors on the medical review board who felt Maj. Hasan should not have been granted the psychiatric fellowship at Walter Reed Medical Hospital. On several occasions, Hasan felt he was unfairly bitch-slapped by his peers. Hasan was given a bad review for his promotion review and was more or less granted his May 2009 promotion for time served rather than merit. Two months later Hasan was sent to, what he would consider, the arm-pit of the world, Fort Hood to prepare for deployment to Afghanistan in Nov. Hasan is a typical sociopath with a narcissistic personality who had a psychotic break.

Hasan, just as many other sociopaths before him, snapped when he perceived his life spiraling out of control. There is every likelihood Hasan, in his twisted mind, grew to hate the U.S. and sought out like minded people who would validate his hatred. It is far more likely an intelligent man like Hasan sought out radical Islamist rather than they sought out and converted Hasan. Just because someone joins a group that ascribes to their beliefs does not mean that group instilled the beliefs in the member.