Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday's Digressions

One of the combat patches I'm authorized to wear on my uniform. Cool huh? It's in my top 5 of cool unit patches- with 1 Cavalry Division probably my fave. Click to be enawesome-ated. Simply can't wait until I'm about 90 and I get herded out to the Memorial Day activities swallowed in my baggy desert camouflage uniform that my biceps and chest used to be literally busting out of- and there I sit in my wheelchair looking around sweetly confused at the little kids waving 4X6 inch US flags...





  • I hardly ever have dreams about warfare or sex but, when I do they are invariably doozees. Last night I dreamed of prison sex- not sex right after getting out of prison or conjugal visits etc. but, I was in prison and could somehow sneak a woman in every night. It was the same woman every time and I think she was supposed to represent someone famous who was quite pretty. Sometimes she delivered pizza to the prison others she was dressed as a guard or a journalist to get inside. The rub except for the imprisoned part? I was married and the wifey would visit my cell and find the girl every time- then the whole charade would start over.


  • Care to psychoanalyse? I'm sure Freud would have a field day.


  • I can spell psychoanalyse correctly the first time but, never guard.



  • There are 400 known planets outside our solar system.



  • NASA is still forging ahead with plans to invade Mars. An independent group has recommended they forgo a return to our moon and concentrate on Mars, asteroids and a few other moons. In a way this is very cool- in a way it demonstrates everything that's wrong with our ability to prioritize. This is actually the definitive picture of that when you think about it really- two very expensive wars, an imploded economy, people falling over dead from diseases that should have been cured years ago, astronomical food and energy prices (when if our heads hadn't been so far up our butts for so long the first would be dirt cheap- the second nearly free.) but, instead they're being told to forgo a trip to the moon and instead go to Mars???



  • Oh, they'll only need 3 billion more dollars annually to do it though.



  • Grrrrr.



  • One thing you may not have thought of though: the trip to Mars with present/envisioned tech will take two years. Because of this and exorbitant costs associated with resupply missions and amount of fuel that could be carried I can assure you if they are thinking straight- no one who goes can ever come back. Resupply missions will be one way with the craft being repurposed by the Martians.

  • Barry, the Blogfather sez," I absolutely hate watching news footage of kids getting a vaccine." Interestingly- it warms my heart every time I see a child getting one or I give one myself. It never fails that I don't think something like because of that simple act, that child may live to ripe old age and not die of some miserable, preventable sickness before they even have a chance at life.

6 comments:

Ada said...

Love the patch...love the word enawesomeated even more. :)

The dream cracked me up. Hee hee. I've been in a prison...TO VISIT...and I'm pretty sure it would be almost imppossible to sneak in a woman every night. :)

Ada said...

what just happened to missives? :)

Be careful out there on the roads ok?

Gia's Spot said...

Clicked on the link.............Wow you have now impressed me! If you get to wear that patch you are one fiercly manly man! And I am glad and proud that you were on our side!! Can never say thanks enough!
As for the dream. maybe you like the make-up after a fight sex best?
**Gia shrugs over that dream** maybe you shouldnt eat ice cream before bed?

Anonymous said...

Not really a dream, but a possible qualifier for analysis - my work colleague and confederate, not knowing I'm out of the office, emails me with a sparse message: "Babe alert - you should come check this out!"

Reading this in Springtown (about 20+ miles away for you out-of-towners) I send a reply - "Would love to, but it's a bit of a trek from Springtown."

He follows up with: "Too bad, she would've been worth it."

Anyway the interesting part, to me, is that my first mental image when he said "Babe alert" was of my ex-wife.

Anonymous said...

Not really a dream, but a possible qualifier for analysis - my work colleague and confederate, not knowing I'm out of the office, emails me with a sparse message: "Babe alert - you should come check this out!"

Reading this in Springtown (about 20+ miles away for you out-of-towners) I send a reply - "Would love to, but it's a bit of a trek from Springtown."

He follows up with: "Too bad, she would've been worth it."

Anyway the interesting part, to me, is that my first mental image when he said "Babe alert" was of my ex-wife.

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.