Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thoughts In The Key Of V







  • Was the original V series politically/socially driven?



  • There's been some debate whether the remake of the V series of the 80s is a veiled reference to the President Obama presidency- I watched the pilot the other night. The references are unavoidably pertaining to his administration's policies and his star appeal popularity. As a matter of fact, you simply cannot argue it and I think it odd some people deny that it's driven by current events. However, it never got to the point so, I don't know where they're going with it in relation to the series.



  • The pilot stars Alan Tudyk an El Paso Texas native who played Hoban Washburne on Firefly- the best sci fi evar. So it has promise anyway. Don't recognize the name? Maybe this will jog your memory- only the most epic line in the history of, mm- epicity! "We will rule over all this land! And we will call it... this land!" Well, it's greater when he does it.



  • Amiright?

7 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Politics aside, I watched the series in the 80's and loved it. Started watching it this time - STILL love it! I am a sucker for aliens!!

mzchief said...

I never watched the 80's "V" and have not watched the 90's "V" and most likely will not.

The only problem I have with "Firefly" is that it was canceled. Without a doubt "Firefly" is the best sci-fi show, EVER. Okay, perhaps I really, really, really did like "Sliders."

BTW...I love Nathan Fillion in "Castle." If you are ever required to rent a chick flick for a video watching date with a chick, "Waitress," with Fillion, is really quite good. Trust me, I hate chick flicks. If there is not at least one guns blazing blast scene or a couple of crime, chase, fight, destruction, extreme CGI scenes in a film, as far as I am concerned, it is a chick flick.

MarmiteToasty said...

Straight over me head... :)

x

Miss_proper said...

Wash is on it, but also the head girl was Inara the .... um prostitute that traveled with them on the ship. I have SUCH a crush on Nathan Fillion (mal) who is now Castle.

On the halloween Castle episode Castle dressed up as a "space cowboy" of course as Mal... it was great!

LOL I am gushing...

Ada said...

We started watching the new series...it didn't even occur to me to compare it to now. hmmm. Now I will be watching closer.

Plus it has Bailey from Party of Five and a lady that saves the day. I like it already.

:)

Gia's Spot said...

Thanks Chup... I just watched the latest episode on my computer.. it used to be mindless tv now while watching I was thinking.......

RPM said...

I am a leaf in the wind.

HARRRRRRRR!

(Name the Tudyk mashup!)

"V" was never politically driven. It was just rat eatin' alien scifi.