Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fridays Dispatch


  • A prediction: In our lifetimes wars will be fought over drinking water rights-in our hemisphere (as in Mexico). It will start as more or less riots then it will become a civil war.
  • This will shock us and get our attention more than the wars there'll be over water in Africa and the Middle East.
  • We'll still feel insulated because it's over there
  • My baby boy just got back from the doc. The place on his head is just a hemangioma- a birthmark that arises after birth. It has it's own blood supply so when he scratches it off, his bed looks like a crime scene photo from one of those tawdry old, true crime magazines.
  • He only scratches it off in his sleep.
  • Saw a Ribbon Snake in the yard while watering Wednesday. I tried to catch him to relocate him to some place safer-he failed to see the humor and bit at me ( he was too small to really get me) like a rabid Cobra.
  • I have no idea how many times I've been bitten by snakes.
  • Last weekend my house was full of life during a shower for a girl pregnant with twins-a boy and a girl. The boy died the other night in the womb. The mom said,"Save Zac for my girl, she'll need a good boy to protect her, he's beautiful and smart and I only hear good things about him.
  • A boat of any real size laid up on dry land catches my interest, a huge ship fascinates me,wonder why?
  • Justin Timberlakes solo stuff is amazing. I may gush over it partially because I'm surprised at just how good it is but, it's mostly because it is that awesome.
  • Another prediction: 30 years from now he'll be constantly compared to Frank Sinatra.

No comments: