Friday, July 18, 2008

A Brush With Infamy

I knew a guy once who worked with Henry Lee Lucas.

When we asked him what Lucas was like he said to the effect,"Well he's just like anybody else I guess. He likes to have a beer after work and I don't know, he was just a pretty good ole boy,I thought."

He was actually on his way to see him when the many police cars,coroner vehicles etc. at the place Lucas was living gave him the first inkling HLL wasn't such a,"good ole boy" after all.

Metal band Downthesun released a song titled "Lucas Toole" in 2002. Lyrics include "You'd kill anything, empty eyes smile, erasing innocence... A tool of sickened mind, I wish I'd never had heard of this, staring at his picture hurts inside, why'd you have to make him die, I'd give anything to bring him back, and put you in his place"

Toole references Lucas' boyfriend and supposed accomplice Ottis Toole.

No comments: