Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Embarassing Moment

When I come in from working outside and I'm really dirty it's not uncommon for me take my clothes off in the garage and walk naked into the house to shower. After doing this once I went into the garage from the house naked intending to change there and go outside. Once in the garage I absent mindedly reached for the light switch and by force of habit hit the door opener. In a mild panic I slapped at the switch to stop the door from ascending while I stood there in my birthday suit. This particular switch never responded well to being slapped around and the door continued to rise. Once I composed myself well enough to firmly press the switch once, it stopped a little less than halfway open.

No big deal,just open the door leading into the kitchen- correct? Fine idea,until you realize you locked yourself out.

Then it gets worse as far as I'm concerned-better for you I'm sure, smiling your smug smile of smugginess at my misfortune. I could hear the neighbors-Dad, Mom and 2 girls outside talking. Yikes,what are they doing so close to my house? Oh my God, are they coming over here to visit? I dove for cover behind the riding mower as they moved on, walking toward their own front yard.

How long can I stay in here I wondered? Not long, it's only about eleventy billion degrees in here came the grim answer.

I waited as long as possible then looked and listened outside as well as I could then holding a soft sided cooler over my rear end and a Frisbee over the front end ran around to the front door I remembered correctly and thankfully to be unlocked.

No comments: