Friday, July 18, 2008

Touched By An Angel?


I was working in a garden showing a friends kids how to plant tomatoes one day while babysitting and I became aware of someone standing over us,when I looked up I saw a very small,little old lady wearing an impossibly large,floppy sun hat. She was wearing a blue top with white,puffy cloud print and white pants.
When I stopped and said,"Good morning," without replying to my greeting, she pointed her index finger skyward and said," It takes the patience of Job,the riches of Solomon and the love and wisdom of Jesus Christ to raise a child."
I said,"Wow,that was good,thanks give me a second." and I tamped the last plant down and shove the tools off the walk and started the water to get everything watered in good. I looked up expecting to see her waiting and hoping to talk to her some more and let the kids interact with her-for benefit of young and old I suppose but, she wasn't there. I stuck my head around the
corner of the building-not there. OK,I thought she moves faster
than I thought she could and grabbed the children,went
down the walk and looked around the next corner-not a trace.
Maybe she was an Angel and all I needed to hear was what she
said in that one moment of time.

No comments: