Friday, July 18, 2008

Fridays Dispatch

From this fourth of July. Squirted the lighter fluid on the charcoal then had to look for a lighter that worked. I guess a gas pocket formed. When I lit the coals there was a woosh-boom sound. The lid blew up striking its stop and came back down with an impressive clang. Fire shot a foot- easy out of both vents.

Was my first thought Stop,drop and roll or What's the number for 911? No,I looked around real quick to see if the neighbors saw what happened!

The neighbors have horses in their pasture. Occasionally I let the kids feed them an apple or tomato,sometimes a banana-they love those. One day I dumped some leftover spaghetti in some brush near the fence to keep it from causing animals to tear up the trash but, mostly in the hopes of getting pics of any coyotes it might draw. When I went out just before nightfall to check and make sure it was still there I noticed one of the horses by the fence. When I walked up to him he raised his head and promptly slurped down the last of the 1 foot long strands of spaghetti hanging out of his mouth.

I'm pretty sure that's some type of abomination.

No comments: