|Roswell alien. They come at night and rummage through our garbage to learn our secrets.|
- In my teens I was invited to hang around to be considered for little brother status in a motorcycle
gangclub. I went to their family homes and outdoor meetings and rode on the back of a chopper a time or two.
- That factoid and a quarter will get you well, basically nothing but it still makes me think- all these years later. The first thing I think of is: what were those older people of every stripe thinking when they hung out with me? I mean really- from cops to teachers to yes a full on 1%R who could have been killed if he hadn't the right to wear the patches he wore- what were they doing hanging out with a 14 year old kid and yes, doing the things we often did? Well, each in their own way were trying to help me find my way.
- I wish I could thank some of them and let them know I turned out more or less OK but one of them shares a name with a famous person so a web search is pretty useless and I cannot find anything on the other two I think of often. No, Facebook is the Debil and I try to stay away from deviltry.
FG's Jack Skellington shirt
- A loosely connected thought to the first bullet point: back in the day bikers almost always rode choppers- not all but a guess I would not bet my life on would be +/- 60%. Today they're much more likely to ride a standard glide of some type.
- Mrs. Paschall has died. She was a nice lady and always treated us well when we went into the 5 and dime on the square in Decatur. One of our teachers Mr. Tindol bought the store after she and Frank left it. Mr. Tindol accused us of being there to steal stuff shortly after we walked in. It didn't last long.
- Another legend Ms Cocanougher died recently. She was very sweet and decent. If you didn't know her name- you know her face if you're a contemporary to me in the Big D.
- An old family friend is also gone. We called her Mud.
Random guy in restaurant wearing a shirt that struck me as humorously creepier than he intended
- I also noted too many people around my own age while reading the WCM obits. Some I knew, some I knew of and a couple I figured by their relationship status to the decedent I simply had to know but must have oddly forgotten.
Breakfast of champions
- 3: the number of degrees of separation I have from one of the Ebola nurses (if you need another reason to stay away from me).
- A natural fact: sooner rather than later China will be at war.